Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

ButteCo.Bedrock

Mar 2, 2017
NorCal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure on the comparison with the GB but I have found sub .1g gold with my EQ800 in Gold 1. It seems to be in the rough ballpark with my Gold Monster but just not quite there. Good luck!

Edit...And I was using the 6in. coil on my EQ800.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Equinox works at a lower frequency than the GB2, so it should punch deeper, in theory, given equal coil sizes.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 800, but have not tried it yet on placer gold, other than a pretty useless air test but that showed me I can probably leave my GB Pro at home and also have a machine that can get wet. I hope to have it on a historic placer creek next month.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the 800, but have not tried it yet on placer gold, other than a pretty useless air test but that showed me I can probably leave my GB Pro at home and also have a machine that can get wet. I hope to have it on a historic placer creek next month.

Just ran a side-by-side comparison with the Bug Pro and the Monster last weekend. Loved them both, but really enjoyed the meter on the Bug Pro for ID'ing shallow targets far better than the digital display on the Monster, plus flipping back and forth on the Monster to use discriminate or not, the Bug Pro's meter was far more useful and a one-step process, so strengths and weaknesses both ways, but I love how they compliment each other. The Gold Monster will find tiny gold, as will the 800 from what I've read, but I've yet to try one, so good luck and let us know how you like the 800 vs. the Bug Pro. I know I won't be putting my Bug Pro away anytime soon, even though I love the advanced ground tracking on the Monster and you'll have to let me know about the tracking abilities of the 800, always room for one more detector in the stable . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread