DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am considering getting a MD with the main focus on prospecting and nugget shooting, most likely in Colorado. I do not want to sink too much into it (less than $500) as I will likely only be able to make trips once or twice a year.

I have read much of the similarities between the various Fisher/Teknetics models, many claiming they are "the same thing as" another model - "except for feature A or B". In particular, the Fisher F19 and Gold Bug Pro, and the Tek G2 (base model, not the G2+). I was hoping any of you have experience with all three. Most side-by-side comparisons are between these two or those two, by different reviewers, so their criteria don't always dovetail, and make it hard to form an opinion of three or more.

Bottom, line I guess, is, given the choice of the three listed above, which would be the most useful and effective?

Yes, I would love to double my price limit, and get a GMT, GB2, Nokta Gold Finder, or even a ML Gold Monster...so please do not respond with, "...for just a couple hundred more, you could get... "

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread