Who wants an adventure?

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have slowly been putting together my gear for a long time dream.
Next May (2020) I will be taking three months off to travel deep into some of Australia's gold fields.

As well as detecting for nuggets, I plan on doing a lot of relic hunting, and documenting the trip.

I am hoping to find someone who has similar interests and the dedication for some hard work to hunt for the gold. And knows how to have some fun.

I have the vehicle, and most of the gear needed.

If anyone is seriously interested, please let me know.

Upvote 0

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats an interesting opportunity for someone.. In the 70s i was planning to go then the fellow that was thinking about going with me had a cerebral hemorrhage and passed away... I was stunned of course, I just put it aside, did some research and started banging in gold from many places.. Lots of it still to be found here in the states, but its a lot different from hunting parks and school yards..Research is very important and has to be done.. Its something i enjoyed and got pretty good at finding out stuff....The door is open for anyone willing to do the work.......

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you budgeted in a GPX 5000 and some training on it lol. That sounds amazing. Is there free territory to go or is everything leased? Besto of luck. That sounds a bit far for me but always dreaming of an adventure of that caliber!

OP
OP
KangaWoo

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you budgeted in a GPX 5000 and some training on it lol. That sounds amazing. Is there free territory to go or is everything leased? Besto of luck. That sounds a bit far for me but always dreaming of an adventure of that caliber!

Yeah most parts are good to go. I am planning to go to Victoria's golden triangle.
I have some maps and have been researching for years.
I have factored in a minelap GPX (probably second hand) as for training, there are some great tours that provide training right in the area. So that might be a good option.
I know how much hard work it is, and i don't have any expectations of getting rich.
I am just looking forward to the challenge and adventure.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great adventure. I would recommend that you do some day or weekend trips first (even to marginal areas) to get used to your gear and get your kit squared away. It would seem a shame to do the trip of a lifetime and still be on the lower end of the learning curve.

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm DEFINITELY interested in this adventure.
While I'm not in Australia, I am close.... in Okinawa Japan.
My buddy and I have talked about going to the Bendigo area next year (exactly the time window you're talking about).
I just recently purchased a used GPX 5000 for this adventure.... so it's not a matter of IF I'll go.... It's gonna happen. It's been a bucket-list of mine for years, so it's time to get it done!

I have slowly been putting together my gear for a long time dream.
Next May (2020) I will be taking three months off to travel deep into some of Australia's gold fields.

As well as detecting for nuggets, I plan on doing a lot of relic hunting, and documenting the trip.

I am hoping to find someone who has similar interests and the dedication for some hard work to hunt for the gold. And knows how to have some fun.

I have the vehicle, and most of the gear needed.

If anyone is seriously interested, please let me know.

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a great adventure. Already have the tools to do something like that, just not the funds or the free time to cross the big pond and join in. Maybe some day I'll get the opportunity to enjoy such a venture. Till then I'll just have to be satisfied in Arizona. Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread