Detecting gold nuggets in europe ? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Detecting gold nuggets in europe ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    Michigan
    6361 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    his first "answers"

"do some research"

"I googled it btw"

"the problem you have is you need to forget gold nuggets..."

Yes I am pretty brash sometimes...probably why I don't get many likes. I also go out of my way to not help people

I guess I too should go on the campaign to call the op a troll. Since trying to expand what little info he could find on his own is out of the question.
    The basement did not send their best to greet this guy. I showed up just in time.

Google it...why didn't i think of that? oh yea, I use Bing. My bad.
    You make a good point, some times its hard to understand and be nice to the clueless ones.... I will strive for the Goldwasher way...
    I'll sleep when I'm dead

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12812 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    he never asked for specific or "great" locations. He asked if you can find gold nuggets in Europe with a metal detector.

The short answer is yes.

The long answer is more in line with the statements and info I shared. Added to by Merlins own research. As he adds to it.
    As well as what ever other info others may feel like sharing with him.

Doubling down and justifying calling him a troll..and claiming we don't have proof he is real? From my point of view is rude. Also against Tnet "rules"

The only person before me who made any sincere suggestions was Terry.

Sorry I noticed
    minerjosh likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12812 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    You make a good point, some times its hard to understand and be nice to the clueless ones.... I will strive for the Goldwasher way...
    Believe me I know I dish it out..but, I promise its for the greater good

We don't know how "clueless " Merlin is lol. Maybe he already detects for artifacts and heard about nugget hunting..wouldn't be the first time right?
    minerjosh likes this.

Dec 2019
    22 times
    The thing about me is that i was in australia once for a holiday and part of that was a two day metal detector search. Apart from alot of iron trash like nails i managed to find 8 nuggets. Some bigger, some smaller. They were put on a scale and then we made a very small gold bar out of all we found and my friend, who showed me everything, later sold the gold and it covered a good amount of my journeys expenses. That was fascinating to me. Walking through the desert, pulling money out of the ground. (Mostly nails or bullets though). Not that i want to make a living out of it, but i honestly say that i am not interested at all in things i could find that have an "ideological" value, and no monetary value.

Now i want to do this in europe, too. Because i live here. And from where i live to the last corner of europe it's about 2000km/1250miles, which is still more managable than flying to australia all the time.

I personally don't care about coins, because nobody will pay more than the gold material price around here. There are probably too many of them already. And if some of you are thinking about Nazi Gold. Forget it, mostly myths or already found.

I want to find gold. Nuggets.

So i read online. Romania seemed to be a big gold deposit, but it turns out after some reasearch that it's not ideal for detectors because the gold there is too small for detectors, and the locals already tried for a long time, but weren't sucessful with detectors.

So maybe Finland.

On one side europe has seen gold mining for a long time, but on the other side in some places in europe close to zero people are using a metal detector for gold searching, so i think the two aspects of the long history and the smaller detector community maybe equalize itself.
    Last edited by merlin01; Dec 10, 2019 at 05:03 PM.
    minerjosh likes this.

us
    Lord ringpull

Oct 2015
    Kannapolis nc
    Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250.
    373 times
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin01 View Post
    Yeah thanks for the link, but as you can imagine i already read that 10 times, and it is also unspecific. There's a reason why i'm asking here.
    No one will draw you a treasure map with an x on it, if they knew exact locations they would dig it themselves.
    Last edited by Slowtaknow; Dec 10, 2019 at 05:18 PM.

us
    Lord ringpull

Oct 2015
    Kannapolis nc
    373 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    his first "answers"

"do some research"

"I googled it btw"

"the problem you have is you need to forget gold nuggets..."

Yes I am pretty brash sometimes...probably why I don't get many likes. I also go out of my way to not help people

I guess I too should go on the campaign to call the op a troll. Since trying to expand what little info he could find on his own is out of the question.
    The basement did not send their best to greet this guy. I showed up just in time.

Google it...why didn't i think of that? oh yea, I use Bing. My bad.
    How were we to know he expected a treasure map, research is easy, i simply stated he was not looking hard enough if he was at all, he replied he already looked at that site, what more could he want? A treasure map?

Dec 2019
    22 times
    No.

Someone who says: Yes, i've found nuggets in europe. And has an idea how to do it. In Australia people can tell you approximately where there are nuggets and where not.

That's the kind of info i am missing in europe.
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    Lord ringpull

Oct 2015
    Kannapolis nc
    373 times
    Perhaps we have been doing this for awhile and know the in's and out's to some degree, all i can suggest is youtube video's and use your best judgement.

us
    Lord ringpull

Oct 2015
    Kannapolis nc
    373 times
    I have uwharrie national forest near me which we can pan for gold at, it is near a gold mine called reed's gold mine, also in the charlotte area there are a lot of gold mines. Gold should be found in the area you are panning or detecting at.

Dec 2019
    22 times
    Some suggested looking for coins.

I looked in the law situation where i live and it is illegal to search for "archelogical" things with a metal detector. Whatever that means, i could always say "no i'm just looking for something else". Then it is illegal to dig a hole because you break the "ground structure". And then it would also be illegal to keep anything, because everything out of the ground belongs to the state. If you walk around here with a metal detector, people will call the police and call you a thief. It's totally crazy. That's the image archeologists and the media created where i live.

So much for coins.

And since there aren't any nuggets where i live i mainly concentrate on gold in nugget form, hopefully in countries that aren't restricting metal detector searching that much.

us
    Mar 2014
    Central Arizona
    Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
    431 times
    Prospecting
    Well I can't tell you anything about Europe. I'm in Arizona, USA. However I'm sure what we tell people here can also apply. 1st of all you start trying to find gold where gold has been found before. So research areas where gold has been mined during past history. Here in USA we have mine related agencies that keep records and document what came out of old mines and such. Some mines had placer deposits associated with the load deposits and some don't.

Check history books and even old newspaper articles if you can't find mine history otherwise. Obviously relics get more attention in Europe especially with some of the hoards that have been found with metal detectors over the years, and the potential of more to be discovered because of how long Europe has been populated. There has to be old mines and there is likely to be some kind of documentation of where and what was mined. Our history in the USA only goes back a couple hundred years as far as mining is concerned for the most part. In Europe it probably goes back well over 1,000 years so you might have to get creative with your research.

Other concerns are obviously legal issues. We have public lands in the western USA that we can prospect on. Private property requires permission from property owners especially in eastern states. I don't know what property issues you have in Europe but I'm sure since most hoards are found on private property you will have the same issues with permission metal detecting for gold.

Check geological reports for areas you think might have some gold. Search for ways to determine property ownership. Research local laws for metal detecting. If you can discover what kind of geology produced gold historically, then that gives you a target for what kind of geology to look for. There has to be info some place about gold and old mines and geology. Try colleges as they teach geology and other related subjects so people have had to do research in this field. Also other types of mines like silver and copper produced gold as a by-product.

Remember that there has to be old mines that are lost completely because of time. Anybody could get lucky and stumble into all kinds of old stuff in the middle of the wilderness areas in the world. Research and knowledge are your friends. The more you know about gold and minerals in Europe, the better your chance will be to find it.

It's no different than the USA or Australia. We find gold because of the old timers that came before us. Sooooo, geology...history....documentation.....research, lots and lots and lots of research. I hope some of this helps and wish you good luck in searching for the elusive golden nuggets. Dennis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links