Salome Arizona Gold

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Hello folks gonna be camping in this area next week. I’m going to bring a bellows dry washer and my GMZ and was looking for advise. I’m haulin my Polaris with me to do some riding too. It’s a family trip and want to try and get some color with my 7 year old daughter. I’m from Missouri so not practical to join a club at this time and am at the time of my life where it’s hard to get out like I used too. Also in the new issue of icmj magazine they used my photo for Missouri gold. I would be happy to answer any questions for those that find themselves in my neck of the woods for finding some color. Or search one more pan and Missouri gold here where I’ve posted a bit there although it’s been a while. Thanks all.

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Salome has some good gold patches. It should be beautiful there next week. :thumbsup:

You might want to save the drywasher for another time though. It's raining all week here and I doubt we will see good ground for drywashing before June of this year.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
dpdkld

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Thanks for the info I’ll tags it along as it’s packed in the bed of the ranger which is in the camper and it would be more trouble to unpack it if you know what I mean[emoji45] maybe I find some shallow stuff dry enough or run it a few times.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck, hope you find some gold, have fun regardless.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
dpdkld

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Clay diggins, with the amount of rain are their residual pools of water in some of the washes and if so how long do they last? I’ve got a mini gold grabber rocker box (actually the one Allen Trees used to demo his products as it was the last one he had before he sold out) to use. Doesn’t need much water to run. Here in Missouri it catches mucho fly poop. We are going to get there Saturday and be around all week

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "rocker" box would be much more useful than a drywasher now. We got a lot of rain over the last 6 hours. Does your rocker have the hand pump? That would help.

The desert looks like a lake right now with all the standing water. Often you will find pools in the washes for a week or so if you can get to them. A lot of the desert roads wash out in these conditions.

The road to my house requires a 4WD this morning. We've put down gravel and concrete low water crossings in the washes but it will probably be several hours or a day before a 2WD can pass. The regular paved roads in this area have a lot of flooded and closed portions this morning.

If the washes are actually running or it's raining in the area you are best off to stay out of them. Flash floods come very quick and without warning. There are flash flood warnings out today for the area. Centennial Wash near Salome if running high this morning. You can check the current flows HERE.

I can see the Salome area in the distance from my house and I've seen a lot of storm activity there over the last few days but I haven't driven through there since the rain began.

The weather prophets are predicting rain next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but it looks like it's going to be really nice Saturday through Tuesday. Things dry out quick here so if we don't get much more rain you might be good to go next week. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
dpdkld

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Thank you for the info and I’ll follow your suggestions. It does have the hand pump so I’ll tag it along and see what happens.

OP
OP
dpdkld

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Well made it and lots o rain..all set up as far as camper. If I find anything I’ll post it. Have a couple locations I’ve found that appear not to be claimed so who knows.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well made it and lots o rain..all set up as far as camper. If I find anything I’ll post it. Have a couple locations I’ve found that appear not to be claimed so who knows.

Yes, let us know what you find; that would be great.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread