Capt.E

Jan 17, 2008
FAR NOR CAL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Xlt , Minelab Equinox 800 , Fisher Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GP 3000 goes deep but they don't service them anymore. The GPX 5000 is overpriced. The 3000 is pretty easy to use compared to the 5000, and for the price the 3000 would be my choice. You would have to get the 3000 under $1000.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Neither. The 3000 is no longer serviced, as Capt.E noted above. The 5000 is overpriced for the capabilities. The choice should be between the GPX-4500 and the GPZ-7000. The 4500 is very nearly as capable as the 5000 on every front. It is also considerably less expensive, new or used. The 7000 is probably the best gold detector Minelab has marketed thus far. If you can afford few thousand more than the 4500, this is the one I would pick.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
W

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014
Great information,!! Thank you..Moving to Az soon, retired.. metal detected for about 40 years..
Mostly Beaches.. Always good..
Now moving, to escape this mass of people.. mountains of Arizona.. have worked a good claim there prior.. just needed some good honest information..! On a PI detector..
Heavy Pans..

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sdc2300 amazing machine very easy to use.

bread and butter gold vlfs miss

plus deeper bigger gold

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Used a TDI for years but got tired of White's promises for (long) overdue upgrades. Nearly bought a GPX but last minute pulled the trigger on the SDC. The simplicity of operation and the tiny gold it finds is really amazing. Not cheap but looking back probably the best $3600 I've ever spent.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used a TDI for years but got tired of White's promises for (long) overdue upgrades. Nearly bought a GPX but last minute pulled the trigger on the SDC. The simplicity of operation and the tiny gold it finds is really amazing. Not cheap but looking back probably the best $3600 I've ever spent.

the fact that it's MSRP hasn't changed says a lot .

I've seen a few sell for 2k "used" One on a facebook page for $ 1700 it looked brand new.

The people were like "Meh... I don't use it."

That tells me they don't know how to find ground with gold in it.

Since I got mine. I'm having to go back to spots i haven't been to in a long time because i know it will sniff out more pickers.

OP
OP
W

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014
Good information, thank you..think it will be a SDC...
Just waiting for some the chaos to clear..
St. Augustine Fi . To Yavapai county Arizona!!
US 40 .. with and older pickup and camper..!!
Heavy Pans..

OP
OP
W

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014
A SDC for me.. leaving St. Augustine on my way
To Yavapai county Az..As soon as this Chaos slows a bit..
Older pickup truck and camper.. US 40.. !!
Heavy Pans..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread