Gold Nugget Detecting in Northern CA

Oscar Goldman

May 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can check out videos by these guys (Smithsgold) who are in NorCal somewhere near the Yuba river area ()

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know them (smithsgold) but his buddy Gary Honan(twotoes) lives in the Chico area. That's what I've surmised from his video content.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is all the spots in theses videos are secret:thumbsup:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Find a tributary that will be dry in the summer in an area known for gold. Make sure its public land, and make sure its not claimed. Google earth is your friend, as well as mylandmatters.com. look for exposed bedrock. you have to be thorough when searching for gold.

Crabs

Nov 19, 2014
Folsom, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find a tributary that will be dry in the summer in an area known for gold. Make sure its public land, and make sure its not claimed. Google earth is your friend, as well as mylandmatters.com. look for exposed bedrock. you have to be thorough when searching for gold.

And don't forget that nearly all of the easy gold was picked up long ago, back during the gold rush and then again picked over during the great depression.
The odds of getting rich are decidedly small, but not entirely impossible.

'Crabs

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And don't forget that nearly all of the easy gold was picked up long ago, back during the gold rush and then again picked over during the great depression.
The odds of getting rich are decidedly small, but not entirely impossible.

'Crabs

Its work its not about getting rich. I's about being consistent and adaptable.

I get great gold out of an area that has been prospected longer than any other part of the state. I will continue to pull ounces for years and years to come.

Oscar Goldman

May 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is all the spots in theses videos are secret:thumbsup:

You could probably reach out to them to get an idea of places. lots of Sierra Mtns to explore. Actually, Smithsgold has some videos where he shows where he's going and I watched clip of him panning on the feather river.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could probably reach out to them to get an idea of places. lots of Sierra Mtns to explore. Actually, Smithsgold has some videos where he shows where he's going and I watched clip of him panning on the feather river.

:tongue3:I'm being a smart ass I know several of the guys that have the you tube pages. I'm in a few videos.

I'm one of the ones keeping secrets.

And yes some of the videos are relatively open with info...there are a few spots that have nicknames at most and are kept a little more hush hush.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread