kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,I do Terry!Thanks....I never did figure why it never made banner way back when????
There was a wall of the biggest crystals you could imagine in one of the stopes of the Carson Hill Mines,I sure wished we had cameras back then!There is a fairly famous Hydro mine near Moke Hill that was mined for enormous crystals on contract to Tiffany(I beleive it was them)Mcsorely's

here ya go
http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Calaveras-quartz-crystals-renowned-for-size-and-clarity

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.................I did not know this!

In the dark, rubbing two pieces of quartz crystal together can create some light, said Jeff Tolhurst, Columbia College science instructor.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats just to awesome,Definitely one for the personal collection!! Thanks for sharing!!!

HH John

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right C.D....that is the youngun's college!Sucks I have to keep it at the bank,dont get to see her much!
I dont beleive folks ever grasped just how uber rare something like it is?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting the newspaper article, Kuger - I bought a crystal attached to a big chunk of bull quartz that was from one of the Calaveras mines. It was sold
by Hulliburton(sp?), a mineral dealer/collector. It still gets comments when someone new visits the backyard!

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holabird...out of Reno :icon_thumright:

I have some green crystals,I have always wondered about,never see any like em either?I need to post those too

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, thats him - please find those pics and post - we'll compare, I think it might be Chlorite the green ones.

Hey was the dredger still there today? Whoever he is, deserves some kind of medal.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, thats him - please find those pics and post - we'll compare, I think it might be Chlorite the green ones.

Hey was the dredger still there today? Whoever he is, deserves some kind of medal.

I know right where one is....will take pics tonight!

I havent been back that way.......sure was not trying to hide!! :laughing7:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Just nominated it again. Hope someone out there appreciated the rarity. You would sooner win the lottery ten weeks in a row, than find another.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just nominated it again - when entering my reasons, said... "been to many rock and gem shows, including Tucson and geological gatherings/seminars - never seen anything like it.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Kuger... sorry about being so backwards reading these older posts. But better late than never, and we biologists must stick together on such matters eh?

I just now gave this rare and altogether lovely mineral specimen a well-deserved Banner nomination. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!! :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic find Kuger--freakin' stunningly beautiful!!

All the best,

Lanny

Banner vote from me!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kuger, you may remember I posted picks of your paydirt that had many quartz crystals (sans gold) just like yours but in the TINIEST version. Most were not even visible without a mineral scope. I also found wet clay here in a Cavaleras County gold mine that had HUNDREDS of broken Q crystals in only a few grams of material. How do I vote banner? TTC

Top, right-hand corner of the frame where his crystal pictures are, there's a reddish, rectangular button that says "nominate banner". Hit it, and it will open a text box for you to enter your reasons why you think it should go banner.

All the best Terry,

Lanny

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI kuger a friend of mine found crystals like that up above sonora he then found a vein that he worked underground for I think 15-20 years :)P

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nominated. What more can be said other than you are a lucky man.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some green ones green 001.jpg green 002.jpg

Top Member Reactions