NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a really cool find how did you find it or was it sitting on top like some other crystals

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice find congrats HH.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this metal detecting a while ago.It is gold in quartz crystal,is very,very rare,and was quite surprised to find it!!!

Wow!!! Congratulations!

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After all the voting I'm sure everybody did on this find, I wonder why it still hasn't made the banner?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do we have to do what the Democrats do in California? Vote two or three times, and get our dead relatives to vote also? Stop by the nearest homeless shelter and offer them a bottle of whiskey if they'll get on a bus and go to the nearest computer kiosk at a library and vote on Tnet?

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we have to do what the Democrats do in California? Vote two or three times, and get our dead relatives to vote also? Stop by the nearest homeless shelter and offer them a bottle of whiskey if they'll get on a bus and go to the nearest computer kiosk at a library and vote on Tnet?
:laughing7:

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vote Early- Vote Often !
(geeze- how many votes does it take anyway?)
OK- Show me a better one and I'll withdraw my vote(s). :laughing7:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Quite frankly, I was shocked it wasn't a banner after the first go around.. I don't get it....:icon_scratch:???:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did either guys,I have never seen another one?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Of course I couldn't find my green one.:BangHead: It was much much smaller than your cluster, but color was the same, and the green in mine was
a phantom inside the tip, kinda like the smaller vertical crystal at the bottom of 2nd pic. I think the green is Chlorite. It was
found along with small clear crystals on a tailings pile of a small coyote hole into a large quartz outcrop in S. Yuba watershed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some like you describe too FP,much prettier specimens.I dont know where mine are either.We used to pick em up after it rained at the Ranch.Now its owned by a family member that ....lets just say,we dont see eye to eye LOL!

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger where do you begin to look for a specimen likee that

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kuger, you may remember I posted picks of your paydirt that had many quartz crystals (sans gold) just like yours but in the TINIEST version. Most were not even visible without a mineral scope. I also found wet clay here in a Cavaleras County gold mine that had HUNDREDS of broken Q crystals in only a few grams of material. How do I vote banner? TTC

Hi TerryC :hello:

Regarding the mention of a mineral scope in your above paragraph, do you know what power the lens system would need to be in a scope for general purposes ?

I'm just getting started in prospecting for placer gold in Ohio and Indiana creeks where gold has been found in the past. I would also like to keep my eyes open for valuable rocks and minerals along the way. If not too expensive, a scope would help to identify crystal forms.

Any suggestions and/or recommendations you care to make will be appreciated.

Thanks,

ToddB64

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TerryC :hello:

Regarding the mention of a mineral scope in your above paragraph, do you know what power the lens system would need to be in a scope for general purposes ?

I'm just getting started in prospecting for placer gold in Ohio and Indiana creeks where gold has been found in the past. I would also like to keep my eyes open for valuable rocks and minerals along the way. If not too expensive, a scope would help to identify crystal forms.

Any suggestions and/or recommendations you care to make will be appreciated.

Thanks,

ToddB64

You might want to Private Message Terry,not sure he checks back to this thread?He will help ya for sure though!

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats is it that makes the green crystal kuger i have never seen anything like that.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats is it that makes the green crystal kuger i have never seen anything like that.

I wish I knew for sure Vin,I have never seen others either,although many have told me they exist....I dont doubt they do...I just havent seen them?Where we used to pick these up,there was many

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions