Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

jkasta

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2008
USGS lists 9 historical gold sites/prospects for PA and Zero for NJ. MD, VA, NC, SC, & GA are the East Coast gold rush states (pre 1849). There are prospector clubs in all the states that have claims members can detect/prospect on and NC, SC, and GA have mines that allow pay to mine programs.

OP
OP
The-Bone

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some good info on pa gold sites type in gold prospecting in pa on google search click on prospect some good links on pa locations for gold also go to goldprospectors.org the gpaa has many clubs in pa I hope this helps

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
as to gold in NJ.....

Check out this newspaper article from July 14, 1899

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9906E7DD173DE433A25757C1A9619C94689ED7CF

it tells of fine gold found in NJ from Patterson to Somerville.
Also there is an old story (can't find where I read it) about my township of Montville NJ, there actually were shares sold for a supposed gold mine here, but the general thought is that it was a investment scam and the mine site was 'salted'. Still, in light of the above article, it sounds like there was some gold found in NJ, but not in commercial quantities. But now with the price of gold so high, hmmmmmmm ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread