QUESTION ON WHAT DETECTOR I SHOULD BE GETTING........

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
ECOTERRY said:
Im a Newbie......
May I get everyones advice on what the Best detector would be to start out with ?
Just looking for the best all around one, What should I buy ?
Thank you.

What kind would you like?

What do you plan to do with it?

What are the soil conditions like where you plan to use it?

What is your budget?

What do you prefer, bells and whistles, or something that gets the job done?

F.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i would look at the mxt, xt-70 , teknetics t-2 or fisher f-75,f70, some mid upperend machines, i would imaginge you have mineralized soil conditions your way , you want something with a ground ballance, all these machines are more sensitive towards gold

TRHunter

Feb 27, 2008
trust me its less about what type of detector and more about where you are hunting. I use an old. ie, used Whites V-Sat for gold. An oldie but goodie for minerlized soil and have found nuggets. But it was because I was where there was gold. The secret is less money spent on the toy, more time spent on the research, gold is where you find it. But I am female and men do love their toys.

Stryker_FO

Feb 22, 2008
White Mountain Lakes
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as stated in one of the other threads .. The MXT is the detector of choice for Gaines Creek Alaska and thats where there are alot of nice nuggets found.

OP
OP
ECOTERRY

ECOTERRY

Apr 14, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thank you so much everyone
I am looking do a little bit of everything, Gold, Coins, Rings, Just stuff like that
I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, so i know we have gold up this way....lol
The MXT 300, I was kinda thinking about getting this one, Any ideas on it anyone ?
It looks to be an all around good one.

j.letson

Greenie
Apr 20, 2008
Don't over look the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. Simple to use, primarily designed for nugget hunting but great for coins and relics too. Plus the lifetime warranty can't be beat.

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B
ONE THING............ PI detectors are great for gold hunting BUT, VLF detectors are more sensitive to small gold under 1 - 2 grams..... even steve at minelab will tell you this......... if you want something that is good for locating patches then you need a large elliptical coil... they hunt different from round coils

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread