quincy - cromberg california area

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did very well back in the late 70s and early 80s dredging below Quincy. Would like to get a detector back up that way someday. Check below Serpentine Canyon and above Belden. Indian Bar, I'm sure would be super trashy, but they hydrauliced above it and could be interesting w/ a detector. Actually, just above Serpentine canyon, a spot called Terry's Riffles, could be real good, if you can cancel out the serpentine and ground balance. Many years ago I tried a Goldbug11 and a Minelab 18000, both went crazy. The PI might work there???
Shep

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD GOLD-tons a claims too. Worked Nelson Creek outta Home Garden back in the late 70's to early 80's.Nice rough nuggets and up to LaPorte has GREAT pt.group metals too. Was shot at by herbalists a FEW times though but FS got'm.COLD water up that high with a very short season. End of dredge season in 78 got a BAD plugup on my 4",windy,freezing cold,sleet--was beating the hose on a tree(less damage) and out pops a 2+ POUNDER in the mess. Claim owner snatched that puppy ,went on a HUGE drunk and lost the damn thing in the cathouses and bars in Reno--just like the 49ers of old :tard: -Tons a au 2 u 2-John

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
Hoser John said:
GOOD GOLD-tons a claims too. Worked Nelson Creek outta Home Garden back in the late 70's to early 80's.Nice rough nuggets and up to LaPorte has GREAT pt.group metals too. Was shot at by herbalists a FEW times though but FS got'm.COLD water up that high with a very short season. End of dredge season in 78 got a BAD plugup on my 4",windy,freezing cold,sleet--was beating the hose on a tree(less damage) and out pops a 2+ POUNDER in the mess. Claim owner snatched that puppy ,went on a HUGE drunk and lost the damn thing in the cathouses and bars in Reno--just like the 49ers of old :tard: -Tons a au 2 u 2-John
Would love to have seen that piece! And been there for the party.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO PARTY for me-he split-never saw him again and 2 feet a snow that night made removing me & equipment pure torture. Kept ALL that days smaller gold-no split as he split!! :-\ He lost the claim--serves him right for ripping me off after a summers back breaking work--John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread