DD coil

Mar 27, 2008
Sacto CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SSS-EEEE
Upvote 0
S

stefen

If you become a Charter Member, one of the benefits is search access to past postings :thumbsup:

Hey, for 20 bucks or whatever its well worth the cost...

When you apply, ask about the blowout party TN has each month :D

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Take a look at the US army Uniform prior to these new ones. Leather boots and a pair of rip stop pants that bag at the bottom before they go into the boot. Tight pants are your worst enemy. You want loose and baggy with at least 2" all around. The snake will start retracting its fangs the instant it hits something. reducing your risk of it hitting your skin or getting in a full hit.

Also the baggy pants will help with the heat. Chaps would be HOT and could cause problems as bad as a bite.

Then just mind the basic rules of walking throught the undergrowth. Step on rocks and logs instead of over them, dont walk into brush where you cant see atleast 3' in front of you and never never..........oh wait .......always always check the area before you squat!!!!! If you dont you will find out that you and your buddies arent that close after all.

Ian

EARTHLING

Aug 17, 2008
DALLAS TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SHADOW x5.... GOLDTRAX... D.P. WADER.... NAUTILUS DMC II B
bass pro shops has a knee high boot that is 100% snake proof for 160.00 ..... cant remember what it is called but it has no insulation (summer of course) and it has hard neoprene patchwork all around the outside of it..... has scent blocker and very hardcore soles for rock hopping and they are waterproof... i am getting a pair before i leave for NM next week

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I once was detecting a local park when I noticed that my screw driver, pinpointer, was missing. I turned around and saw a large snake behind me.
I left without my pin-pointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread