flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
NorCal 6er said:
Hey!!! I resemble that remark :argue: :argue: :argue:

HEH HEH not you Norcal I was referring to that german dude :violent1:

Then again since I blew up my credit card bill recently having my truck yanked out of that dang bagby bedrock I sorta feel like maybe I need to dodge my new monthly payments, we could fake my death by bear mauling :tard:hungry bears don't usually leave much behind :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• vini%20003[1].jpg
    vini%20003[1].jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 987

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab
That pic reminds me of a friend. Broke an axle on the trail. $1600 for repairs, $2500 for the tow.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's why I bought a Jeep :D

I know I know, they break stuff too.

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Well then I feel lucky $525 for the tow $50 new tire $160 new radiator that cooter helped me put in. I almost got the axel the broke I was perched on was the bracket that holds the shock to the axel and rock shot out from the back tire and almost took the head off one of the boys I took up with me so I feel some what fortunate it can always get worse real fast.

Jeep or Toyota would be nice had an 86" that I sold a few years ago for that truck, motor and tranny went out got a nice price on the rest of the truck for a down payment on the one I have now, I wanted to hold the toy until I could afford to get a new tran and engine but needed the money.

Just going to have to keep in mind from now on whats its going to cost to go 4x4ing.......UGH!

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab
That was a Wrangler he tore up. Had the lift kit, big tires, lockers, the whole nine yards. He was checking on a trail we hadn't been up since the year before. Needless to say, we went somewhere else for a while.

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
cooter9761 said:
Vini, I know this is not politically correct, but you my friend are retarded!

With love, Cooter!!!!!

TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE :tongue3: I remember some retard :mblah05: breaking a rope with a 4" dredge half way up the hill, oh never mind :wav:

Sincere love and respect,

Flyspek

OP
OP
El Cooter

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not rose quartz but has iron type staining in the cracks.......it sure makes it pretty.

Cooter

OP
OP
El Cooter

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Jim, do Cougars eat alot of trash/aluminum foil? I think its a small bear. I will send in Vini (Flyspeck) to get to the root of this problem. Good luck Jim!!!!!!

Chris

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim Hemmingway said:
"Forget about the bacon and eggs... just get Jim H to go in and talk dat bear to death."

Reminds me of a man from Tennessee, legend says he used to grin a bear down. :D Kilika, in another week or so, I'll be up on the shield here in Ontario doing some detecting, there'll be a number of remote areas where I'll have bears on my mind too, and unarmed as usual. Nope, I think some of you will have to help Chris with detecting this fantastic site to keep him safe. Still though, maybe bacon/eggs and coffee for breakfast would be tasty. :)

Chris, last night I was thinking about this site and wondering if in fact it was a bear since you didn't actually say that you'd seen him. Those droppings ought to be chock full of seeds, or else maybe it's no bear at all. In these parts bears only den late fall to early spring. But cougars will den all year around from what I've heard; you men probably know more about their den habits in that area. You don't want to run into some big ol' Tom, unarmed. Something to think about.

"Its a lot of work but i think that gully needs a raking, when it cools down."

Well flyspekau, that makes at least two us that are thinking the same thing. Been wondering if there's an easier way to move, say, 12 inches off the surface?

Jim.
Many of the bears in this area do not hibernate(especially the boars).I am not sure what you mean by denning.A sow bear will have a cave or nook to have young but unless they are hibernating they dont have a full time home per say.Lions do breed at anytime of the year the female is receptive.This whole area is becoming overun with bears,no telling where one is going to pop up.I have spent ALOT of time in the mountains both horseback and on foot.Back 15 years ago there were deer everywhere and it was a rare occasion to see a bear......quite the opposite now!!For what ever reason Calif is all about protecting predators now!!!

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I will send in Vini (Flyspeck) to get to the root of this problem

I DID MY JOB FINDING THAT MINE AND GETTING RIPPED UP BY THE brush, it's your turn to get ripped up by the BEAR :thumbsup: show me the GOLD

Attachments

• DSCF1265.JPG
    DSCF1265.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 681
OP
OP
El Cooter

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A man and his treasure! I think thats the second piece you found with your GMT?

Coot

OP
OP
El Cooter

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vini, you always that red??? Stay out of the sun Gomer!!!!

Cooter

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Yep up at hunters valley that came up just as we were about to go home would have been a skunk but for that piece.

YES I am always red cause i'm always angry I dont find enough gold LOL :icon_scratch:

I am a single man again hopefully only for awhile I needed a break lots of stress and pressure and need some time to get things squared away so I may be trying to get away this weekend lemme know what plans you have

OP
OP
El Cooter

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Midnight raid on the Whitlock!!!!!!!!!!

Cooter