How would YOU MD an football or baseball field?

Tripod

Jul 4, 2005
Houston, TX
I will be hitting some athletic fields at the local highschools in the near future and I have been pondering what the best strategy would be to make the most efficient use of my time (i.e. find the most goodies with the least amount of effort!).

For those who have detected in and around ball fields, where did you locate most of your finds? Are there any good areas aside from underneath bleachers? Would there be much use in covering the sidelines of a football field or the anywhere on a baseball diamond?

Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start with the areas I thought a lot of activity took place. Take your time and hunt in coin or jewellery mode first then switch to all metal mode after you get all the goodies and search for the special goodies and sort out the trash!

Keep @ it and HH!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 3 areas I hit hard ON Baseball Fields.

? ? #1? the Outfield between 2nd. & 3rd.

? ? ?#2 around the Bases, Especially First & third.

? ? ? #3? HOME? In Front of & Behind the Backstop.

I DON'T DO FOOTBALL FIELDS, only the Side Lines where People Congrigate.

TOWcritter

I agree with Jeff on the diamond. On the football field, definitely the sidelines on either side of the field. 20 yards either side of the 50 and about 5 to 10 yards deep. You should be able to see the depression in the ground where the teams and or spectators stand. Those fields are used by football, lacrosse, soccer, field hockey, rugby etc. Alot of potential. Don't forget the bleachers too. You might have to se a smaller coil because of the metal in them though. Happy Hunting! Post Pics!

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
under the bleachers if they are constructed so the stuff falls through. and along the track field events, pole vault ect..

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are looking for coins, behind the backstop. All the amature coaches (Dads) hang out there and dole money out to the kids. Behind the dug outs same thing. If there is a sidewalk approaching the field, I find a lot of quarters along the edge of sidewalks for some reason. By any concession stands or playground equipment for the little kids. Football fields, the sidelines of course and behind the goal posts in the end zones have always been good for me. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread