Small coil for pinpointing

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
I have seen 3 inch coils by Compass but to me that would still be to big you would be better off just buying a pin pointer. You would need like a one inch coil or less never heard of any that small.Makeing a pin pointer out of a 4 inch coil would be like carrying another detector around with you.. kando

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Well if you been following my comments regarding the Pistol Probe by Dectorpro, this is probably what you are looking for. How about a 1/2 inch "coil" that uses Pulse Induction? I used it for pin pointing before digging and on a coin size object it gives a window of response about the width of the coin with a moderate fast sweep (regardless of the 6 inch sphere of detection around the probe). Small coils usually cost at least a $100 so for $199 you've got a complete detector in hand held size.

Optic

Attachments

• AssGlasses.jpg
    AssGlasses.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 168
  • AssGlasses.jpg
    AssGlasses.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 162

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett makes a three an a half inch sniper coil for many of their detectors. Sunray has the best in a 1" inline probe that reaches down 3 to 4 inches for many detectors. I have one on my Sov GT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions