I need a new Detector...and some??? Answered please

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody...I own a White's Classic2-SL,I have not used it much because i was only finding scrap&such,Yes it doe's detect metal(i lent it to a freind to help her find a lost gold wedding band she lost&found it-it was not buried but she FOUND it!)but i wanted a better detector(still do!!!)so i guess i got dicouraged&havn't used it much(used it for a 1943 copper wheat i lost with no luck :()my question's are-can this MD be upgraded for refined results? ,until i'm able to purchase a new one??...My intentions are to give my whites MD to a younger(under 18)person to get them interested in MD'ing&the like instead of some of the routes our younger generation take!Anyway any info&answer's will be greatly appreciated,THANK'S ALL!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thompy said:
i believe surf scanners can tweek the classic II, boost depth, add a gb and threshold adj.
Thank-You! info.is greatly appreciated,i'll look into it...

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
I could be mistaken but I think Bill starts with the Classic III and up. At least he doesn't have the Classic II listed on the site. Rob

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I would donate it to someone and buy a new machine with a the upgrades and a warranty JMO

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
I would donate it to someone and buy a new machine with a the upgrades and a warranty JMO
Ya thats kinda my feeling's also...i'll see what children related agencies are interested,Thank's for input!!! :thumbsup:

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what the cost would be for an upgrade but you can get an ACE 250, used, for about $125 to $150. I own a top of the line machine made by another company but the Ace is a real serious first detector and I often let friends who go tecting with me use the one I have. Most often they find as much or more than I do. Jim

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grumpyolman said:
I don't know what the cost would be for an upgrade but you can get an ACE 250, used, for about $125 to $150. I own a top of the line machine made by another company but the Ace is a real serious first detector and I often let friends who go tecting with me use the one I have. Most often they find as much or more than I do. Jim
Thank-You for info.much appreciated!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TexasDigger1 said:
Did you say you lost a 1943 copper wheatie?
:(Ya i said that!,i found it in one of those"take a penny/leave a penny"i saw the wheat&quickly traded for about 7 new pennies i had in my pocket,looked at it on the way out&saw what it was&i drove home(block&1/2 away)had it clutched in my hand driving,getting out i had some other"small's"in my hand put them on top of the wheat&was locking the door&heard it drop,i froze looked around didnt see but knew the vicinity went into the house got the M.D.NOTHING!!! All i can think was that it rolled,i looked(Obviously!)about 6-7 more times then we moved but i'm still going back to look some day :(

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I just upgraded from something if not the same as yours, its does work, but I moved up to an xlt, let me tell you, I was amazed, yes amazed is exactly what I was when I redid the back yard of an 1875 house and found the 15 wheats a merc and a 1890 indian that where all no more than 6 inches deep that I missed previously.

Uncle Willy

Oct 5, 2005
If you had a 1943 copper penny you just lost about $1.5 million. All cents made during the war were zinc coated steel. Only a scant few were mistruck in copper and are in existence, hence the high value.

You have a fairly good machine. If you can't find anyhting with it what makes you think you'll find anything with another detector. Perhaps you need some practice and hunting in the right spots. You can't find treasure where treasure ain't.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread