Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
First off, just curious: why do you think your item(s) will, by necessity, be "9 ft. deep"? There is often the misconseption that "the bigger/better the treasure, the deeper it must be" or something like that. You've got to remember, the person who stashed it for safekeeping, would no doubt have intended to some day retrieve it. So if the goal was to hide it from anyone else knowing where it was, what difference is it from 3 ft. to 9 ft? The surface of the ground remains looking identical. If you've ever dug a hole, by hand-labor, 9 ft. deep, you know you're talking hours, if not all day just to reach that level :icon_scratch:

Or is there some sort of aluvial sediments or historical soil deposits that lead you to believe they're now this deep? Because if not, then don't think that old-timers necessarily stashed their stuff, on their own accord, that deep. Heck, sometimes they just stashed it in the walls of their homes or whatever.

To answer your other question: The TM808 is made only for larger objects. It will not work for anything smaller than a soda can. For a soda can, it'll go several feet deep. For a coffee-can sized object, perhaps 5 or 6 ft. deep. For a Volkswagon, perhaps 10 or 15 ft. deep? These are just depth guesses off the top of my head. Someone else may have better stat's in that dept. So it would depend on how big of a stash of silver coins you're talking about. If you're talking just a handful in a little leather pouch, then no. It won't reach 9 ft. for those. If you're talking about silver coins in a big wash-basin sized container, then yes, it would reach them. If you're talking a coffee-can sized container, that's a good question :)

OP
OP
ilyes1113

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
cscope x3.fisher f5.garrett2500+eagle aye.ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you tom_in_ca for your help.i found antique coins using a powerless detector.30 cm max.
in my experiance of 9 years of detection i sujjest that depots of coins are more than 50 cm-2 feet under.shure.
9 foot is the max that i can cruse...that is nessesar.whay detecting a cible that i cant get out.
if the tm808 can detect a coke alluminiom at 1 m-3 feet it is good.
this is pic of 3.2 kgm treasure .found less than 50 cm .whith my detector v100.
thank you again.

Attachments

• DSC00596.JPG
    DSC00596.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 891
  • 0000001.JPG
    0000001.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC00593.JPG
    DSC00593.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,722
  • DSC00596.JPG
    DSC00596.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 694
  • 0000001.JPG
    0000001.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 528

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi ilyes1113. Were those coins in your pix found one-at-a-time? As in regular coin-hunting? Or were they found in a cache (box, jar, or whatever)? If they were found in a cache, and assuming that the ones in your pix were the entire stash, then those would fit neatly in a small soda-sized can. So no, a soda sized can will not be found at 9 ft. with the TM808. And no, no detector of any sort will find individual coins at much beyond 1 ft.

So let us know, are those singular coin finds in your pix? Or were those all in a single cache? Congratz on the cool coins! You're making a lot of us Americans drool. Heck, over here we consider a coin that's a mere 200 to 300 yrs. old to be OLD. Over where you are, I guess that would be the pesky "new" stuff :)

OP
OP
ilyes1113

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes sir.the spanish cobs .420 coins.3.2 kgm found us a lot in a jar less than 50 cm under ground.
the other coins moste of them are roman coins.silver-bronz... found individualy .10 cm max undr g...
i think that the individual coins founded can be solved from broken jars or boxes more profend
this is a picter from the antique site

Attachments

• DSC00602.JPG
    DSC00602.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 686
  • DSC00601.JPG
    DSC00601.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 668

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Then if that jar was less than 50 cm (about 1.5 ft, which is well within range of even standard coin machines to get a jar at that depth), then why do you think you need to reach 9 ft.? And bear in mind too, that if you get a 2 box machine like the TM808, you will no longer be able to detect for the individual coins (unless you bring two machines for the hunt, and hunt with each). Perhaps that is the solution: Just have both a coin-machine, and a 2-box machine. Hunt the sites with each, and you can't loose :)

As for the solo coins, they aren't necessarily scattered from a broken open cache. They could simply be fumble fingers losses (as is not unusual for any old habitation/settlements) of ancient times.

P.S. What is a "V100" metal detector? If I was you, and I had access to ancient sites like that, giving up choice old silver coins like that, I'd get a top-of-the-line coin machine and cover that place with a fine-tooth comb! :)

OP
OP
ilyes1113

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you v-m tom.in algeria theris no one who sell detectors.this one the tm808.is imported from france in unlegual whey. but if its good its good.i whill bay it.1200 $.in usa less than 700$.but theris no other sollution.
i will tell you what new.thank you a gain.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No dealers in Algeria eh? Well consider that a good thing, in that it will keep the competition down :)

You can buy on the internet classifeds, I would think. As long as there is no prohibitions for standard mail, which I can't see why there'd be a problem. Detectors can have industrial application too, right? Like looking for nails in logs before chain-sawing, tracing pipes for construction purposes, looking for property markers, security things, etc... So they needn't be solely for relic/coin hunting, if that were an issue for your buying :))

I advertised a machine a few years ago, on one of the metal detecting classified sites. I was surprised to get an offer from Russia! I was skeptical of selling overseas, but he even sent the $$ up front, etc.... Turns out, his explanation was the same as yours: No dealers there! He kept in touch with me for awhile thereafter, and sent dazzling pictures of coins he was finding from virgin russian country ruins, old foundations, battlesites, etc... Just mind-boggling. I think I want to move to Algeria or Russia or some other such ancient country :)

OP
OP
ilyes1113

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wellcome i will be your partner. in fweTime we will be reach :icon_king: :icon_king:

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi ilyes i had been studied and practice all what i can regarding 2 box metal detectors, and the only i have been able to use to calculate depth, discriminate and even identify so far tree different metals including ferrous and non ferrous metals is the 2 box as the gemini, they are not as stable as the tm models but they give u more depth, there is one build in mexico called explorador, that one is the only one i know to be the stronger 2 box unit out there in the market, i'm not sure at the moment but i think there is one in bulgaria and in peru called 2B mega explorer, i think this one is like the explorador built in mexico but i still trying to find out that. any way the fisher metal detectors are the stronger machines in the market, it has to be the gemini 3 or at least the TW-6, but if u have any chance to get the Explorador made in mexico that one is the stronger u can get, and talking about the 1 kilogram silver coins u are going to get lucky to get it at 1 meter or 3 feet depth with any fisher 2 box out there, and the explorador made in mexico probably u might get it like 1.5 meters, probably 5 to 5.5 feet at the most, but bigger items probably up to 15 feet with the Explorador, and the gemini 13 will give you around 9 to 13 feet on something big, hope and this answer your question

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread