Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

New folks here frequently want to know what their options are for purchasing a metal detector. The purpose of this post is to list those options. I encourage members to list dealers whom they have done good business with in the past by replying to this post, and I hope that the sponsors and dealers who support the forum will add their names to this list as well.

I would like to have a good list of options here, so that someone new to this hobby can see the list and make their own informed choices based on where they live, and what deals and specials are available to them. Please DO NOT pass any qualitative judgement of your experiences with dealers' names listed here. This should be a thread full of information--Not opinions.

This thread is also Not a thread to discuss options with dealers in public, or for dealers to compete for customers. Any such exchanges I will request be deleted. Further discussion can take place by contacting a dealer on this list by Private Message, phone, or website.

A word of advice--if you are buying a metal detector or other merchandise or equipment from another TreasureNet member, please be careful in your transactions. It is Buyer Beware here. So if you purchase anything someone listed on this Forum, purchase from reputable individuals, local dealers, or Tnet sponsors only.

If you use a local dealer, then please say so! But you are not allowed to list their name and contact information here. DO list their geographical area that they serve--and if another member is interested in purchasing from a dealer in that area, then they can contact you by PM for the contact information of the local dealer. (See my reply below for the protocol for local dealers which are not sponsors of Treasurenet.)

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a local dealer who sells White's, Tesoro, Fisher, and Garrett detectors.  He has been in business for decades, and he is located in Southern Indiana. 

If you would like his contact information, send me a Private Message.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of a few local dealers in Lower Michigan that are into the hobby themselves so they know what they are talking about. One in particular handles Fisher, Whites, Tesoro and is soon getting Garrett. Wish he had Minelab..........

You can contact me for information if you want to have a hands on choice.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yep, still haven't bought anything off line myself.

The personal interaction with a dealer who uses the gear just seems better, although perhaps quaint in these times! Few dealers though here in Chicagoland. Big box stores have come in with md's also. A sporting good giant recently opened here and it sports top-line models at very good prices also.

They had something of a run on Black Friday with a 4 hour 50% off sale. The 50% off was from MSRP though.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a local dealer who sells White's, Tesoro, Fisher, and Garrett detectors. He has been in business for decades, and he is located in Southern Indiana.

Me too :thumbsup: I'm gonna buy a Tesoro next ,just waiting for spring.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use a local dealer who sells White's, Tesoro, Fisher, and Garrett detectors. He has been in business for decades, and he is located in Southern Indiana.

Nova Treasure

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova treasure said:

Nova Treasure

Same guy here! He treats his customers very well and his wife is a big help also. Let me know if I can help anyone out.

KFB

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These People Don't do Internet sales (Mail Order) , do they ?

IF They Do this is Out of Line without Dealer Status here.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:

The dealer that I use does not do mail order.  He doesn't even have internet--otherwise he'd be on TreasureNet, Jeff.  I'm sure he'd be a sponsor/dealer if he knew what a wonderful forum this is.  Before posting this, I asked you Word for Word if this post was out of line or not--and you gave me the green light. If you need, I can provide his information to you, and you can contact him personally.

The other Tnet dealers and sponsors have not posted their information on this thread yet--and I expected that they'd have already posted today.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
jeff of pa said:

??... If someone would tell you i think this dealer is the best and he is in Ohio and you are in New York and you call him and buy a detector from him.. Is this not mail order.. It seems to me it would be.??

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess if he mailed it to you USPS or UPS or FedX .or shipped it any way that sounds like mail order.

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kando said:
jeff of pa said:

??... If someone would tell you i think this dealer is the best and he is in Ohio and you are in New York and you call him and buy a detector from him.. Is this not mail order.. It seems to me it would be.??

I had envisioned this thread as a way to present Tnet members and guests with options.  You're right--a person wouldn't ask for a local dealer's information unless they are also living near that dealer.  But for those that live close to a local dealer, then they might wish to contact them and find out their information and prices.  I for one would like for folks to have those options.   

Members can also lean on the many other dealers here who do mail order and have Dealer status on the forum.  Hopefully they will post their information to this thread soon.

Regards,

Buckleboy

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep on subject please

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Options for purchasing a detector is the subject.

A local detector dealer, an auction website, garage sales, online dealers, from T-Net members, from other detector users in your area, from local newspaper ads, pawn shops, sports retail stores..............

I prefer a local dealer ( Houston,TX) because they can take some time to show you how the detector works and most local dealers are detector users also, so they know something about the products they sell.

Some online dealers are also very knowledgeable and will help you if you have any problems operating your detector that you buy from them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread