Asking Permission

A

artur

Hello All,
Well I've been out of the hobby for a while mostly due to my one year Iraq tenure, but I'm back at it again. I've been detecting on and off for a while and have not detected many house sites. Here around Fort Campbell, old houses are a dime a dozen and thought I'd ask permission today at 10 houses and see the results. Well, my (asking permission) shynes was unfounded because I got permission at 9/10 houses, all being 100+ years old, many from the civil war. Not only was permission granted, but most owners would point out where the old structures, clotheslines and slave houses were located. Some houses have been searched, but as some owners recall many haven't. I have a quick scan of most of the properties and trash will be a big issue. I'll be busy for many weekends, untill I have to go back overseas whenever that will be. My point is ask permission, you never know when you will get a yes. Now if only there was a good way to get rid of the thick southern weeds and overgrowth, I'll be in business.

Art.

Upvote 0

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Greetings Art,
It sounds like you will definitely be busy for a long time. You are correct about the initial reluctance that most people have to ask permission to hunt a location. I've found that almost always permission will be granted. I guess that it's just human nature to be a little timid about such things.
Wishing you the best of luck in your hunting. Keep us posted on your finds.
BRD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread