(ex-) Whites 5900, Silver Eagle, XLT
(ex-) ML Sovereign, Explorer XS, II, Etrac
(ex-) Garrett Ace 250
(ex-) Fisher F75
Fisher F75LTD
Fisher cZ-3D cert. by Tom D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition, please tell us if you are employed and how long you work.

I'm a bit handicapped in this hobby as I work 50-55 hrs per week as a procurement agent in the BMW automotive assembly plant in SC and only detect (on average) 1-2hrs per weekend. My season nearly comes to a stop in the summer as our droughts are so severe it's like detecting in the middle of the street in front of your house! Bring a pick ax!

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I will answer this. I work all week and I will try to get out at least one time in the week for a couple of hours. But on the week ends I take one day to get out and I hunt anywhere from 4 to 8 hour for the day. But this only happens in the spring, summer and fall days. As I can not stand the cold and the ground just gets to frozen here to detect in the winter. In the summer when the ground gets hard and dry I go to the beach area at a lake the ground is easy digging there. Plus if you get to hot you can always get in the water to detect a little. Plus when it the ground is hard try a play ground where they have the kids lot. Those usually have wood chips around the swings and play equipment easy digging there also.

So to answer this I guess I detect 8 hours a week in decent weather...Matt

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't work and probably spend 10 hours or more a week.

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm retired and when the ground is not frozen I get out 10 to 15 hours a week.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
id say about 30 hours or so. i have to make up for time missed during the winter. Of course depending on work that week it will be more or less than 30.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to get about 6 hours a week. I am retired and can shop the weather patterns. I try to get in 20 hours or more during the summer at the lake beaches. Last year we had flooding and the beaches were under water so I had to go elsewhere. Monty

mrwirtner

Greenie
Oct 29, 2008
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
i work 28-35 hours a week and detect as much as mother nature and the wife will let me :BangHead: but seriously weather permitting about 10 -20 hours a week

RLOH

Dec 10, 2005
I am retired(disability 11 surgeries on wrists and brain aneurysm) I hunt every single day, weather permitting. I have a medical history that will fill pages, but detecting is the BEST therapy going. Winters are too long in NE Ohio. I got out 165 days last year. I have a great wife and no vices. R.L.

OP
OP
G

go-rebels

Feb 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
(ex-) Whites 5900, Silver Eagle, XLT
(ex-) ML Sovereign, Explorer XS, II, Etrac
(ex-) Garrett Ace 250
(ex-) Fisher F75
Fisher F75LTD
Fisher cZ-3D cert. by Tom D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dontknownutin said:
I am married so I only get to go out when the wife is shopping!

Oh, yes, I claim that time too. So now I average 2.5hr per week!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
jonnyrebel00 said:
id say about 30 hours or so. i have to make up for time missed during the winter. Of course depending on work that week it will be more or less than 30.
Man that must be your full time job 30 hours + a week ...I am retired and still work part time and am lucky if i get 4 hours a week.............

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 313
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 311

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
I'm retired and try to get out for an average of 15 hours a week or when the weather permits. I live in michigan so winter time is out
and try to make up time in the spring and summer. Lee

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I work Monday thru Friday and only have weekends to hunt. Saturday my wife like for me to attend church with her and spend time with her. Sunday I get up early and am detecting by sun up while it is cool out and before too many people hit the parks and tot lots. I am saving my civil war hunts until this fall. I usually get in about 2 to 6 hours a week.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not working much. Also son moved back with wife and three kids. So I get out almost daily. So at least twent to thirty hours aweek. A guy I used to work with asked me if I'd gotten in trouble with the law because he thought I was weedeating the county lots.

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im Retired Navy, almost a year now but now work for LockHeed 40 hours a week, I probably spend 15-20 hours a week metal detecting, 3-5 hours weekdays, 7 hours weekends

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been outa work for nearly 2 &1/2 years from a bad motorcycle accident so I go out as much as I can inbetween the heat waves :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions