Ace 250.......gold coin reading

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Zeke, don't know if this will help, but understand that 3 nickles taped together react the same as a $5 gold piece. Although chances are, the gold coin will probably be a Mexican dos pesos about the size of a dime and knowing most hunts will probably be in a little ziplock jewelry bag with another coin in order to get a better signal.

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks Stoney. I guess a gold peso is still as good as gold. Hopefully I'll find it. Not really up on the "seeded" hunts, but with 2 Fisher detectors being donated as prizes, Im game. Im throwing in 2 of my scoops as well......a 2pc and a 1 pc handle. A local shop owner out of Burlington has also donated an assortment of goodies.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an Ace 250, and I have not found a gold coin. I think the 250 acts the same as the Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II. I would look for and dig the multi tone signals. You know ones that read pennies then jumps to quarters. Thats what small 3-4 coin caches do on my BHQDII.

Keep @ it and HH!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Zeke, sounds like you're gonna have a good time. I'm going to one as well on the 15th in Dallas. Been going to these for 10 yr., never have won a detector yet-course when 150/250 people scramble at once-can get hectic scrambling for 8-12 detector prizes.
Best of luck! ;).

Z

ZumbroKid

I bet is will be by itself and being a small coin will read at around the nickle pull tab range. If it does not rain there, watch the ground for the small mark where they stuck the tool they use to plant the coins. You can normally eye ball the spot as you pin point. Good luck.

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good thing is there arent that many people in the club. There was maybe 11 people at the last meeting and they were talking about 2 more that wasnt there that night. Not sure if anyone else will come...ie...outsiders....but maybe my chances are good.

Zumbro.....the hunting field is a members pasture.....so not sure about being able to tell where it was buried. They did say to the members that was gonna go and help bury all the stuff the night before to bring a butcher or hunting knife. ....just to poke a hole under the sod at an angle about 1" deep. At least I'll know to ignore targets deeper than that.

I think Im going to go and help bury the coins/tokens....to at least get an idea of where/how they will be buried. Silver wont be buried until the morning of the hunt. They are also having a poker hunt. Taping pennies to folded playing cards. When you find 5 cards....thats your hand and the best hand wins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread