Any experiences with a older Fisher CZ7aPro....just grabbed one.

JR in Hohenwald TN.

Mar 15, 2009
OK, I've been detectorless for about a year since the I sold my Minelab. I had been watching a CZ7aPro on eBay and had read some good things about it. Although a older detector it still packs punch and is a force to be reckoned with against the newer state of the art detectors from what I've read so far. So I bid and got it for $282.00. Hope I don't regret it. I've used the 1266 and 1270 and was impressed.

Any success stories that I haven't read yet on this machine?
Thanks,JR

Upvote 0

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Sounds like a good deal to me. Any of the CZs are great machines. Easy to use, deep, built tough. My old 3D is still my #1 backup machine. I've done better with my Explorer than I did with any of my CZs (yes, I owned 4, I liked them that well). Good Luck!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
They have a reputation for being a very deep-seeker, and very simple to use. A common down-side complaint is, that the reliability of the TID waffles beyond 6". Ie.:, to chase the deeper whispers, be prepared to get fooled by deep nails. There are tricks you can use to ID some of those iffies, but when push comes to shove, I believe even the most ardent fans will agree that they are weak in this department, compared to other deep-seeker class machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread