2003, 2004, 2005 coin totals

Z

ZumbroKid

Here is the break down for the last three years. I have floating around here somewhere the 2002 (34) and 2001 (17) totals. Just U S coins listed here, no silver washingtons or rosies in the list to speed things up. Three year total of Indian heads 180, 2 cent pieces 5, nickle 3 cent pieces 3, Shield nickles 14, Liberty nickles 28, Buffalo nickles 9, Seated dimes 15, Barber dimes 15, Mercury Dimes 11, Seated quarters 2, Barber quarters 2, Large cent 1, Half dimes 2, Standing quarters 1, Half eagle 1, Pre-1900 coins 230. The 2001 and 2002 totals had more washinton and rosie and mercury dimes and less indian heads. It was the 2003 year i whiched hunt sites and started getting mostly pre-1900 coins. Total keepers during this 5 year time period is 368 coins no wheats counted.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

Those are my totals and they are nothing compared to BK's 30 years of hunting finds. Bk has about 3,000 Indian heads at this point of his hunting career. Bk look up the totals and post them for us all to see. ok ;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought your posts sounded familiar.? Belated welcome back!?Excellent! Monty? (Formerly jimmileo)!

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

Here are some liberty and shield nickles. Lighting is poor today due to cloud cover. Tonight we are suppose to get 2-5 inches of snow. I got my scraper ready.

Attachments

• liberty nickles.jpg
    liberty nickles.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 275
  • shield nickles.jpg
    shield nickles.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 278

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to keep track of how much I found each year, but I haven't kept track for several years now.
Sometime this winter I'll dig out some stuff and post a few pics.
I can remember my best year for silver was back in 1985. Face value was about $93.00.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You appear to have good luck with silver. Do you have any hints about how and where to look (in general)?. Do you have a favorite type of place you like to hunt?

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

Shaved yards after a house is torn down, sidewalk demo jobs. Check the oldest part of your home town. Learn what was where at one time. Keep your eyes open for when the older lower level dirt is exposed. Once it is everything ever dropped is waiting for you. In those areas dig all signals. Anything you find is not an accident, when you use this style of hunting. It is letting others do the work for you.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice ZumbroKid,,, WTG!!!
I'm glad to see your still on the forum. I didn't recognize ya until you changed the avatar... ;)
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

Leon said:
Very nice ZumbroKid,,, WTG!!!
I'm glad to see your still on the forum. I didn't recognize ya until you changed the avatar... ;)
Good luck & Happy hunting~
Lot of people are catching on it is me. I see they are also glad i'm back. ;)

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Impressive totals Free ... er, ZumbroKid! Oh, and welcome back! ;D

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I found my coin list. I quit keeping track 10 years ago, but here are my totals as of 1996 (by roll):
Indian head cents - 35
Liberty nickels - 15
Buffalo nickels - 20
War nickels - 11
Common date Barber dimes - 7
Common silver dimes (Roosevelt & Mercury) - 60
Washington quarters - 9
No wonder my back hurts.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
those are some stunning totals zumbro!welcome back! i didnt want to say anything before in case you were on the down low ;)...........and bk those are rolls you are counting?! thats remarkable! awesome job, both of you guys!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you got me curious guys & gals. How much time and how often do you get to go detecting?

Ed Donovan

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent totals Pete ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awesome totals free!!! Great job!!HH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering what happened to ya.I thought the Taliban got ya or something.LOL I did not know you had another identity . Did you find all those coins one by one or was there a catch full? Nice finds!

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

One by one, i only got 2 in one hole, twice. A good area will have a few.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread