Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I just was looking over a 1968 Yearbook for my highschool (Spring Lake High, Mich). I bought it on ebay but I really wanted the 1966 issue which would of been my grad year.

As I looked it over, I thought to myself--ahhhh why did I buy this? I hated school and all I have are bad memories. But the more I thought about it, even bad memories can be funny or at least educational.

SHARE your most outstanding THing BAD MEMORY. Here's your chance to finally get some sympathy.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting along in a weedy semi rocky field on a warm summer day only to get a signal, and look down to see I just scanned over what would have been a perfectly good White's XLT (they were only 2 yrs old at that time) all beat up, smashed? & broken in about 4 pieces, and totally use-less? >:(?

Whoever lost it had a worse day than I though, and I bet he's got a story to tell!? ;D

Next would be the "attack of the bees day I had"!! Got stung 4xs simultaneously while hunting in a wooded area & had to quit & go home? after being chased by bees for about a 1/2 mile :o

Spent a night lost in the woods once too while detecting & couldn't find my way out before dark!! That isn't one of my fonder memories either (especially since there are Bears in that woods)!! lol

HH??? ? BS!!!!? ?"only sometimes"!!? ?okay, most of the time! ;D

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
like lonewolfe,,,,,bees...detecting around a house from the early 1800s...vines everywhere, trees fallen all in yard.....going around the corner of the house, caught one of the vines with detector, it was wound around a very big dead tree, and when i was pulling detector loose i pulled the vine, which pulled the tree, and the tree started humming so loud as to be heard over the detectors song in my headphones,,,,,,looked up and saw the million bees coming out of tree, took off running, lost one boot hurdling fallen trees, caught the 18 inch coil on one of them, ripping it from the pole, .... only got stung 7-8 times, course i ran about 1/4 mile to the truck and jumped in......had to wait about 20-30 minutes for the bees to calm enough to retrieve my boot and ruined coil............then property was cleared for development before winter, so i never had a chance to finish checking there......now i keep one ear uncovered, kind of an early warning system for bees, dogs, unhappy landowners and such...................gldhntr

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you've detected a long time you really get some experiences. The one that sticks to my brain is the time I was detecting in the water at a local state park. A VERY SWEET YOUNG THANG [/font] on a lounge float bumped into me. She asked what I was doing and while I explained I tried to keep my eyes off her tanned, developed body, and look her in the eyes. She had beautiful green eyes too. I will never forget her. :'(

Sorry Lonewolfe, it beats being chased by bees, though that has happened to me too.

Sandman

Z

ZumbroKid

My worst experience, resulted in my finding better stuff. A friend wanted to hunt some grassy strips between the road and sidewalk. We went there and it was a wealthy area of town. I was on one side, him on the other. I got swammed by kids. He just kept hunting. I figure thats it and headed for the car. I put my detector away and was waiting for my friend. Some home owner came out yelling. I told him i'm leaving and i was not detecting in front of his place. He could see my friend doing the side of the road he was on, but he zeroed in on me. I told my friend to hurry up we're leaving. We headed to another part of town a run down section. We were hunting and the cops came and started the riot act. I got threathen with a treaspassing ticket. The whole time my friend in detecting the other side of the street making big holes right in front of the cops. But guess who they want to spend there time on! I asked a treaspassing ticket this is public property? Then the cop threathen other charges. So i ended up switching hunt sites to the demo and tear ups. This lead to all the older coins i have been finding.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman256 said:
When you've detected a long time you really get some experiences.? The one that sticks to my brain is the time I was detecting in the water at a local state park.? A VERY SWEET YOUNG THANG [/font] on a lounge float bumped into me.? She asked what I was doing and while I explained I tried to keep my eyes off her tanned, developed body, and look her in the eyes.? She had beautiful green eyes too.? I will never forget her. :'(

Sorry Lonewolfe, it beats being chased by bees, though that has happened to me too.

Sandman

Now this is what I call an educational experience ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread