Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Upvote 0

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Will say the same thing more-or-less that I said on the other forum.

Few companies support their products after 7-10 years. Automakers are one of them. Try finding parts for older cars once the dealer stocks are exhausted.

I love my Minelabs, they're finding me more good stuff than I've ever found with any other detector brand. I do not consider them not having parts after 10 years surprising or a problem.

As long as the machines find me what I want, I'll keep buying them. If me E-Trac blew up tomorrow, I'd buy another. I'm that sold on the product.

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Every other detector company out out will fix there detectors most in a timely manner. I have had and like minelab detectors too.
But there Customer service has gone down hill really fast and there repairs take longer than most. Having a good detector $1300
detector in this case does no good if you can not get it repaired. Had a buddy send in a excal that took 6 weeks to get back.

To me this is a problem.

Jason

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Love My Minelab Sovereign,

and Being over 10 years Old I still think
it can Compete with everything out there

But This Bit of News upsets me also.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The Sovereign is as good as the Etrac or any Explorer but you can not tell them that they are brainwashed.............. But that is the big problem with Minelab after a detector gets so old they say no parts for it. And no one else can work on them.. But with garrett Whites or Tesoro no matter how old you can get it fixed. If not by the Co. there are others that repair and have parts for them...but as................. Nick A ( at 1 cad ).....said auto dealers are the same but not so you can go to auto parts store ,J.C.Whitney or a junk yard for parts ..But for Minelab there is no were to get parts....For Garrett ,Whites ,Tesoro and even Compass you can find parts for or some one to repair them......

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Have sent Minelab two replies to the email they sent me with my concern over this and have got no none zero nada single reply from them.

Guess this is how they do business now really sad to see a company that makes good detectors but now seems after the sale good luck.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread