Whites is coming out with new detector

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
White's is coming out with new detector

Thinking about buying a new DFX or MXT? Well maybe you better wait and see what White's has up it's sleeve. New prototype being tested with 7 tone ID. Will this detector be high end or will White's follow Minelab's example(X-50) and produce a mid-range detector more affordable than high end?

http://www.treasurenet.com/whites/forum/index.php/topic,1542.0.html

It would be interesting to see how this new machine compares to an Explorer.

George

Upvote 0
R

rusty nails

Re: White's is coming out with new detector

yah - they have to something to counter act the garrett onslaught !
heck that little yellow fellar - has caused family feuds - believe me i know !
man w/2000.00 detector vs new guy on the scene w/200.00 detector.
ace guy will defend that 250 to the death. so white is losing revenue to the newbie.
and they know (both companies) what kind they will buy for their upgrade. ;D

OP
OP
B

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

The following new information was posted on a White's site. The new detector will be called the Matrix M6 and is mid-range.

We are pleased to announce the introduction
of the new Matrix M6!
Just in time for the holiday selling season, M6 is the right detector at the right price. Perfect for all-around hunting, with superb depth and sensitivity. M6 field reports are in, and they're impressive!

RED CARPET DEALERS had some definite opinions! We listened. The results? M-6.

Ken White wanted to know if M6 was the replacement for XL-Pro--- did it perform as good? The answer --- M-6 is much easier to use, has much broader appeal, unquestioned performance PLUS a state of the art fast tracking system, and competitive pricing.

MXT-style display with contemporary decal.

3-position trigger - Tone ID, Search, and Pinpoint.

7-Tone I.D.
The VDI ranges and the corresponding tones:
-95 = 57Hz
-94 to -4 = 128Hz
-5 to 7 = 145 Hz
8 to 26 = 182 Hz
27 to 49 = 259 Hz
50 to 70 = 411 Hz
70 to 95 = 900 Hz

True turn-on-and-go simplicity with 2 controls and a toggle switch - DISC control with easy-set labels.

Full-range SENS control with recommended setting and indicators for hardware/software ramps.

Auto Trac. Automatic ground balancing system with Beach mode.

New-style 9.5" Eclipse 950 search coil - compatible with all Eclipse accessory coils.

Simple. Proven. Competitive.
M6 has the features and performance to be the
winner in the mid-price range.

MSRP: $699.95

George

T

tallpaul

i'll be looking out for this one,, i'll even buy it,, cant wait to see this against my x terra 50 and thats a great machine,, does anybody know exactly when this comes out to the public,, i need to know,....this is where garret garret takes the back seat for awhile,, but it will come round again,, its just swings and roundabouts,, but there are now some really tasty mid range machines,,...its like ive said inother posts,, its all happening better machines for less money,, lighter easier to use and they find the goods,, what more is needed apart from good homework on the reading of the land,,,........

T

tallpaul

just been thinking ,,, then again on this occasion it could just be a ploy to make some more money,, hell whites have loads of machines out there,, why build so many different models to close to each other like the classics and the prizm ranges,, more money makeing rather than proper progression,, we'll see, any ones guess,,. is the M6 for 6 multiple frquencies,.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This should be a competitor to Garrett's GTA series but too high for the ACE 250. Monty

T

tallpaul

Its possible that this could be a joke,, ;D ive been intouch with all my dealers over here and they havent heard anything about this matrix m6, they are making enquiries as i type,, i myself am waiting for email comfirmation from whites,, and nobody has heard a thing,,i should hear today either from whites themselves or my dealers here,,. ive known rumours like this before, lets wait and see,..

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003

No, this is NOT a joke; they are already in the hands of a few selected folks. Imagine an MXT, without the prospecting mode, but with 7 tone audio ID, smoother operation, and really GOOD depth. Several of the folks who have used it state that it significantly outperforms their X-Terras. One M6 user did a "shootout' with several Explorer II users, and they are all angry that the M6 got more goodies then they did! Obviously, once many M6's are in the hands of dedicated users, more reports will follow. Hope this helps; HH jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim McCulloch said:
One M6 user did a "shootout' with several Explorer II users, and they are all angry that the M6 got more goodies then they did!

SORRY, This makes No sense to me.

WHY Would they be Angry ?

IF they like 'em Better, They should just buy one when they are released.

I'd be MORE THEN HAPPY, to be the ONLY Minelab User within a 100 Mile Radius ???

Earl

Sep 16, 2004

I am waiting and hoping that Whites will come out with a new P.I. detector that will compete or better Garrett's Infinium. I wish Whites would do more research on the P.I. subject and get a good P.I. machine with excellent discrimination capabilities. The technology has to be out there somewhere.

R

rusty nails

well it may cost more than the ace 250 - but its all about the dollars.
could white make a detector for 200.00 (round figure) out the door that could compare to the garrett ace 250 ? if they could it'd be here by now. they r going straight to the "next step" up and eliminating a "pissing" match w/the ace 250. you've read the reviews. it'd be suicide. i have nothing against white or their hi end detectors. but i know alot of high end white users that have a real problem w/a guy going out w/a yellow detector for 200 bucks and finding just as much as they r without the overhead. sorry ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well my Friend Rich has an Old? EAGLE SPECTRUM? .

There are days he Skunks me in the field.

There are other days I skunk him.

I have yet to get "ANGRY" about it.

Or he, I'm shure.

I'd never trade Down, & he'd never trade UP ("Down ?")

I out do him in the Heavily Hunted Sites,

But He out does me In The New Sites on KEEPERS.

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005

I agree with Jeff, I am fine with everyone going with the more budget minded machines and passing on the Explorers etc. They could get all that nasty clad and trash out of the way.

T

tallpaul

OK the matrix m6 is for real,, it was officially declared today,, and will be available to the public in 3 weeks time thats official,, to be honest it will be interesting to see what this m6 is like,, but i cant see myself getting rid of my terra 50, i like minelab always have,, after all its minelab who lead the way in tecknology on detectors, ive used all kinds of whites machines there good,, but not good enough,, we have a detector here in the uk called a viking the viking 30 and latest 40 is a great machine,, and that little beauty knocks spots of many,, so the debate will go on and on and on and on ( aaaaahhhh mines the best ) its a whites ,,, no its a garret,,, and so on ,,,lol ;D,, who cares just do ya thing and get on with it use what you use,, cos a better one always comes out in the end,, no getting away from it,,,,.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We are pleased to announce the introduction of the new Matrix M6!
Just in time for the holiday selling season, M6 is the right detector at
the right price. Perfect for all-around hunting, with superb depth and
sensitivity. M6 field reports are in, and they're impressive!

RED CARPET DEALERS had some definite opinions! We listened. The results?
M-6.

Ken White wanted to know if M6 was the replacement for XL-Pro--- did it
perform as good? The answer --- M-6 is much easier to use, has much broader
appeal, unquestioned performance PLUS a state of the art fast tracking
system, and competitive pricing.

MXT-style display with contemporary decal.

3-position trigger - Tone ID, Search, and Pinpoint.

7-Tone I.D.

The VDI ranges and the corresponding tones:
-95 = 57Hz
-94 to -4 = 128Hz
-5 to 7 = 145 Hz
8 to 26 = 182 Hz
27 to 49 = 259 Hz
50 to 70 = 411 Hz
70 to 95 = 900 Hz

True turn-on-and-go simplicity with 2 controls and a toggle switch -
DISC control with easy-set labels.

Full-range SENS control with recommended setting and indicators for
hardware/software ramps.

Auto Trac. Automatic ground balancing system with Beach mode.

New-style 9.5" Eclipse 950 search coil - compatible with all Eclipse
accessory coils.

Simple. Proven. Competitive.
M6 has the features and performance to be the
winner in the mid-price range.

MSRP: $699.95

Attachments

• New White\'s.jpg
    New White\'s.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 211
  • New White\'s.jpg
    New White\'s.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 209
T

tallpaul

looks like a classic ll but with the lcd,, gonna have to have a go,, ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can't wait to play with the M6. One thing I always wondered about is how come none of the White's are hip mountable execpt the Beach Hunter II that I know of.

The M6 might sell well mainly because of the larger dealer network. But with the Internet sales, who knows? In my experience most newbie's starting out think $200.00 is a ton of money for a thing that finds coins one by one. There aren't that many store front dealers out there where newcommers to the hobby may get the real skinny. So they buy one of them funny things you see in big box stores and give up on the hobby.

I will buy one anyway just to learn how it works.

Sandman

R

rusty nails

ok ;D i didnt purchase mine at a big box store - u can address me - it doesnt matter.
i was simply stating a sales strategy and i am sure if the whites peeps would give u "the skinny"
as you would say they'd tell u the same thing - my container of clad is just as big , my relic count is
just as high as a dude i know who loves his 1500.00 white. and he thinks my funny little inexpensive garrett
is a piece of garbage. so u r not alone in your opinion. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions