Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2009
    Florida
    Tesoro Cibola

Do You need permits or anything?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site. I'm just starting out metal detecting I have a Tesoro Cibola. Haven't had much luck yet. I live in Florida and have only been out a couple times so far. Although I did find a old spoon or fork or something yesterday but the head of it is broken off and it's got a lot of marine build up on it. Any ideas on how to clean it up and get the sand and rust and everything off of it?

My question is do you need any kind of permit or license to Metal Detect or can i pretty much do it at any public place?

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    Minelab E-trac
    15 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Do You need permits or anything?

in florida you really need to check with some of the local MD clubs in your area, some places you can detect without problems, others you need to know exactly where you can't.
    as far as removing crud from your fork, try electrolysis

Sniffer

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    1497 times
    Banner Finds (3)

As for where, or where you can't detect, check with local long-time good hunters. Not just skittish sandbox hunters, but actual hard-core hunters, who routinely bring in the old coins, hunt all over, etc... Ask them what the real skinny is, on whether or not there's places to avoid in your area. Typically though, it will just be federally run properties/parks (although I've noticed that at WWII and later era military bases, no one seems to care), and some state owned sites/properties. Although state beaches are usually treated different from state parks. At least here in CA, no one has ever seemed to care at the state owned beaches (despite how a technical reading might come across). Just check with long-time hunters, and see how it's evolved in your area.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, L-rods
    1401 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Welcome to T-net SLeo

My advice is when in doubt, do not ask at city hall or any official, to do so may bring a no answer even if a rule against metal detecting does not currently exist.

Take the advice from the above posts and you will be fine.

GG~
    ~Diggin The Adventure~
    Visit My Personal Forum Pages

us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    10 times

What county are you in?

Most counties do not have any restrictions. Some do (Pasco). Most county parks are OK to hunt, but there are some cities that do not permit hunting in city parks. These parks will normally have a sign that says no metal detecting.

State parks do not normally permit detecting, but some will, you have to ask when you enter. Florida East coast beaches permit hunting except when it is part of the National Seashore, Playalinda Beach is one. Also no water detecting along the Treasure Coast, due to the leases. Folks who rent the wreck sites from the State of Florida from Sebastian Inlet to points further south ( I don't remember where it ends).

Other than that you are good to go.
    Ray S ECenFL
    Wolf Pack Member

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    7420 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I hunt the local city parks and county parks around central Fl with no problems at all, just be sure to cover your holes andthrow away the trash your dig. There are a couple parks that do require a permit, but they advise you that when you enter. Kelly Park outside of Apopka, Fl, just NW of Orlando requires one.

Shoot me an IM if you need any help...........

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Aug 2009
    Florida
    Tesoro Cibola

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Happy Hunting!

us
    Jan 2007
    Beach Hunter ID 300

Hi, this is coin finder, about a permit, here in new york it will cost You.... $ 40.00 a year ! Yes the permit is Good on the state Beaches Parks. and it Not the the Big apple! it Take your Money State !! Greed State !!

Sponsors