Detecting the local park just got harder.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This doesn't affect anyone but me,I figured i'd share it anyway.I was driving home from work today,the normal route I always take.There's a city park down the street and around the corner that I usually hit every couple of months.Well it used to be all sand with the exception of the basketball court.Nice easy detecting with a sand scoop just like at the beach,ha, not any more.Darn city done went and sodded the whole thing.Now,besides having to dig plugs and use a pinpointer,there will probably be less finds.We all know it's much easier to lose something in sugar sand than on the turf! I found a '43 steel cent there last year right at the bottom of the slide.Anyway I was a little discouraged when I saw it.It's not an old park or anything.With the exception of the steel cent,i've not found any old coinage there,just clad, but I have found a silver ring and a 14k gold pendant in the last year there.I'll post a pic. in 'todays finds" of the ring and the pendant.I haven't shown any finds in a while and I guess they're worth posting.See "silver and gold at the local park"

Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
These bummer things happen. One of my favorite hunting places was made into a paved parking lot.

This is one reason why we had better hunt while we can. We're losing ground each and every day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread