Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Still Waiting Western & Eastern Treasures

For 20 years now, every day at about 1:00 P.M. I go to the door and watch for the UPS truck. Why do I do so? It's because of this letter I received 20 years ago last April 5.

After I received this note I sent 2 or 3 letters to W&E (addressed to the person who sent this message to me) to inform them that I had indeed sold my detector and enrolled in college. I never received any messages back from them.

However--I just know my new detector is on its way? ;D

Ha ha!

Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

Re: I'm Still Waiting Western & Eastern Treasures

If it comes it might be an old BFO model.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

The Magician said:
If it comes it might be an old BFO model.

Ya, and it probably would go as deep as the super-charged machines of today ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

when it comes ..you can list it on ebay as a vintage model..... :D

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Here's a picture of the token W & E indentifed for me.

I found it 3 3/4 inches deep (depth meter) in a park in Western Michigan. I was using the Technetics (1982) Coincomputer model 8500.

Attachments

• token.jpg
    token.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 342

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,

well heres "HOPING IT COMES SOONS, SOME GUY NAME "ED" TOLD ME I WON A MILLION AND ITS ON ITS WAY, STILL WAITING , IS HE EVEN STILL ALIVE? MAYBE THATS WAY. I HOPE YOU GET IT,

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

rjnail of alabama said:
well heres "HOPING IT COMES SOONS, SOME GUY NAME "ED" TOLD ME I WON A MILLION AND ITS ON ITS WAY, STILL WAITING , IS HE EVEN STILL ALIVE? MAYBE THATS WAY.? ?I HOPE YOU GET IT,

Thanks much!

I don't know why, but I almost feel like it's right around the corner!

One just has to be patient and have faith.

"When you wish upon a star--makes no difference who you is"---OR, something like that? ;D

L

lerch

Dont know if this is any help to you but I ordered their Magazine at the end of lastweek (Wed or Thurs) and I had the current copy and they holiday bonus copy at my door Monday. Now that's speedy service! Most of the time when you order a magazine subscription by the time you get the first issue you forgot you signed up in the first place ;)

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

lerch said:
Dont know if this is any help to you but I ordered their Magazine at the end of lastweek (Wed or Thurs) and I had the current copy and they holiday bonus copy at my door Monday. Now that's speedy service! Most of the time when you order a magazine subscription by the time you get the first issue you forgot you signed up in the first place ;)

I'm sure they do a good job. I've never subscribed to their magazine as far as I can remember. I used to buy them at our local store years ago.

I just posted this because I thought it was kind of funny. I'm surprised I still have this thing after all these years.

My guess is the lady who sent it did check and nobody was interested. It would have been nice to have received some sort of reply but maybe they didn't want to look like they were discriminating. Or, the wind blew my letters out the window? ;D

It doesn't matter, it's all fun anyway? ;D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Of course you could send 'em a copy of the letter and say: "I know the USPS is slow but could you send me the tracking number?" ;D

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

stoney56 said:
Of course you could send 'em a copy of the letter and say: "I know the USPS is slow but could you send me the tracking number?"? ;D

LOL!!! ;D

That's a BIG one for you, Stoney! ;D

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Ha Ha!

For the record, I know the folks at W&ET are on vacation for the next week or two... but when they return, I'll be be SURE they see this! ;-)

That's funny :)

Marc

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan

Zeb, just hang tight.... with the Christmas rush and all I'm sure delivery of your Whites Coinmaster is just around the corner. Go ahead and get your batteries! :D

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

DigEmAll said:
Zeb, just hang tight.... with the Christmas rush and all I'm sure delivery of your Whites Coinmaster is just around the corner.? Go ahead and get your batteries!? ?:D

At this point I'd be happy with a stick with a magnet glued on the end. ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe it will be one of those ethnic mine detectors? The one I saw was a cartoon of a guy with his fingers sticking in his ears, gingerly tapping the ground ahead with his extended foot! ;D ;D Excellent! Monty

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Monty said:
Maybe it will be one of those ethnic mine detectors?? The one I saw was a cartoon of a guy with his fingers sticking in his ears, gingerly tapping the ground ahead with his extended foot!? ?;D ;D Excellent! Monty

LOL!

I was surprised back then when they sent me this message. I wonder what sort of thing they had going in those days that they were giving away detectors?

I don't see them doing that today. I think most of their field testers have to either return or buy the machines they test.

Have you ever wondered how these guys get these things going? Maybe they make the connections from those club treasure hunts.

Anyway, it's back to the salt mines. Vacation is over for me today.

R

rvbvetter

You just never know. I once had a small article published in Treasure Magazine. 3 years down the road after submitting it, I had nearly forgotten about it, when someone spotted it and brought the mag to me. The mag. was only 10 or 12 months old. So when you least expect it. HH

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I dont know...when I was little I saved 525 Bazooka Joe Gum wrappers and sent them in so that I could receive a "Genuine 3" underwater Submarine" that you could actually ride in!!! Still waiting for it..... :-\
If it comes...dont think my 5'11 frame will fit in it anymore! LOL....but still would like it! :)

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm back on!!!

Man, several days ago I messed up my login and couldn't get back online. Mark fixed it for me tonight...THANKS MARK!

I was going through major forum withdrawl.

Anything happen while I was away?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread