Whites Spectra V3 or Mine Labs Etrac

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
I was just wondering if you have been detecting for long? The top of the line machine will not bring the good finds. It is all about location. Secondly it will be about how well you know your machine. I use an xterra 70 and know it well. I regularly hunt beside people with the high end machines and recover just as many good targets as they can.

OP
OP
W

Wrong Way Ron

Greenie
Apr 18, 2009
I'm currently using the Whites MXT which I do find lots of finds such as clad as well as other things metal I've been detecting for about 6 to 8 months now. I also have the same thoughts you have. Is the Spectra V3 or the Etrac really that much better?

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi

Here's a link to a comparison made of those two detectors, but be aware that is was made by Minelab, so it is a bit partial to me, although some stated differences can easely be checked : http://www.nwimetaldetectors.com/user/image/e-trac.pdf

That being said, why wanting an upgrade after only 8 months and with already an excellent detector ?

If you want more power, you need to know power is useless in trashy areas.

If I were you, I'd start with buying one of two different coils for the MXT, amongst them certainly a smaller coil to "snipe" those coins hiding amongst trash. With a larger coil your MXT will also go deeper.

Just my 2c.

HH

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
My thoughts ??? if ya want to bring a screen with ya,,,,,, bring a T.V. and watch cartoons,,,,,,, beep and dig!!!!

just my thoughts!!! I am to busy diggin good sounds to look at a screen every 5 seconds..

Attachments

1.4 KB · Views: 375

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrong Way Ron said:
For those of you guy that have the pros and cons and which would you buy and why I'm going to buy one I just don't know which one so HELP

If your trying to find a lot more stuff that you don't seem to be finding and everyone else on this
forum seems to be finding more than you....
and this is why you want an upgrade, you might take a look at this thread
BEFORE YOU GO OUT AND BUY A NEW MACHINE...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,250913.msg1794874.html#msg1794874

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
artzstuff1 said:
My thoughts ??? if ya want to bring a screen with ya,,,,,, bring a T.V. and watch cartoons,,,,,,, beep and dig!!!!

just my thoughts!!! I am to busy diggin good sounds to look at a screen every 5 seconds..
BEST QUOTE OF THE THREAD ARTZSTUFF <----------------------------------- I sell Minelab and I'll be honest. They both detect metal...real good. Although, under power lines my ETRAC out performs my buddies White v3.. He is ticked off that I can detect under these spots and he simply can't....That's the truth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread