OK EXPERTS looking for a coin machine Minelab Etrac or the White Spectra V3?

Wrong Way Ron

Greenie
Apr 18, 2009
I need help from you guys ;D Where is the best place to do some research on the Etrac and Spectra V3 I'm going to buy I just don't know which one :icon_scratch: I use the Whites MXT right now I want something for coin hunting. What do you guys think of the MXT for coin hunting? MXT has three modes Coin/Jewerly Relic and Prospect. With one frequency. I have found coins, But am I missing coins I should be finding because I'm using the MXT with one frequency? Should I be using something else :icon_scratch: Or is the MXT a great all around machine. My thoughts I should me using something that uses various frequency's rather than one, But maybe Im wrong. Well EXPERTS :hello2: what do you say?

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The MXT was an attempt to make a machine be a cross-over for both nuggets and coin/relic/jewelry. As such, it excells in neither arena. The goals of each type of hunting are practically opposed to each other, so it was probably no easy task to make a machine that can go back and forth, with the flip of a switch, eh?

Of the other two machines you mention: I'd go with the Minelab for coin/relic/jewelry hunting.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote Minelab E-trac,excellent do it all machine. :icon_thumleft:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok, I'll tell you what I know. Honestly. I have an Etrac, One of my digging friends has a White's spectrum. My etrac finds coins just fine. His Whites find's coins just fine as well but, When we get up under power lines The whites gives him much grief! Seriously. Fortunately, I can manipulate Auto, or manually a noise reduction feature the Etrac has that allows me to "cherry pick" all the coins, buttons and relics that were left un-touched all those years from guys that couldn't get near them in the past... Now, that really ticks off my friend(and others) whom I've talked to that have the same issues... There is the truth.. They are Both good machines. Don't get me wrong. But I've seen the proof! PM me if you need a price or, a testimonial from other users on the Etrac. Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread