Ground mineralization

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iam a newbe. How do you know if the ground is mineralized. Iam getting false readings and think this may be why, but Iam not sure.I get like one beep on something then the next swing its gone. This seems to happen in the silver a lot. I tryed turning down the sensitive and this helped but iam still getting some false readings. Is it the ground or me?

Upvote 0

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1.Ground mineralization = south western USA and some of the Pasific North West.
2.Ground mineralization in your area of the south is us usally when the soil is red in color.

Ya started a good topic!! :coffee2:

OP
OP
stimeygraves

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the ground i hunt in is brown or black in color. I do find some red and yellow clay but it all seems to do this.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MARYVILLE TN! Pronounced: "Mureyville" ;D

Well, I detect near you, and on some Friday nights we come and watch the high school football games That attract thousands of people!

Tennessee buddy, Check it out.
I have very little problems with mineralization there. It may be just the spot you're detecting.

I try to keep my post's short and to the point. And here is the trick to Metal Detecting. Don't listen to the other B.S.

Attitude=Be positive Go in the site thinking I'm going to find something today!
relax
have fun
Use factory settings for a while

All the other crap just confuses people

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread