I broke my detector

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I was moving a box around in a closet, and my back (which has been giving me trouble) twinged and I dropped the box...right on my Harbor Freight detector. It has a hard plastic neck that goes into an aluminum neck that holds the coil on...and it snapped right at the junction between the aluminum and plastic. What can I do to repair this? I am probably just going to hit it with Gorilla Glue and hope for the best.

Upvote 0

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I would suggest Epoxy or JB weld rather then gorilla glue. You also might have to drill the center out and reinforce it with a piece of a nail or something.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get another pices of plastic tube that is a little bit bigger then the rods that broke. Slide the pieces into the new piece of plastic an drill 4 holes thru it and assemble together with 4 screws and nuts.......Matt

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I have some PVC, so I may do that plus reinforcing with glue or JB weld. Good thing I never throw anything away after my home improvement projects.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Libralabsoldier said:
I was moving a box around in a closet, and my back (which has been giving me trouble) twinged and I dropped the box...right on my Harbor Freight detector. It has a hard plastic neck that goes into an aluminum neck that holds the coil on...and it snapped right at the junction between the aluminum and plastic. What can I do to repair this? I am probably just going to hit it with Gorilla Glue and hope for the best.
Why not..That or epoxy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread