what strange items have you found for the locations you hunt?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcmich said:
I found a head. It was one that hair cutting schools use to train beauticians. It was on top of the ground (thank god). Would hate to have dug on that. Gotta tell you those things look awfully real from 15 feet. It was in the woods/feild about 30 feet from a dirt road. Figure someone flunked out and decided to toss it...sure had the heart pumping.
I found a head once too, at the beach. Except it belonged to a Goat. Still had a tag in it's ear. I have photos for those who are interested. :o ;D

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
I was hunting an old house site which is located at the far end of a High School football field, all of which dated to the late 'teens. The house was gone, having been burned down; the stuff found loss-dated from the 'teens to "about" 1940. NOTHING seemed to indicate a post-1940 date, thus I assumed the house burned then, or a bit later. I got a good signal, it was the brass ID plate for a P-40 warplane, badly cumpled and burned. Whoa.... I imagined some early WWII pilot from the local training airbase loosing his engine and trying to land at the football field, but overshooting it, and crashing into the house. Research later verifed I was correct, no one on the ground hurt, but the pilot died. One of the saddest finds I have ever made.

desecrator

Jul 7, 2006
Jamestown, NY
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Ghetto booty! At a local park, I found a Polaroid picture of a large african american woman in booty shorts sticking her butt out for the camera... yep

OP
OP
Ricky1601 aka pull tab king
Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
desecrator said:
Ghetto booty! At a local park, I found a Polaroid picture of a large african american woman in booty shorts sticking her butt out for the camera... yep
LOL...very funny

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
I almost forgot about this one. I was digging an old house site that dated from the early 1800's to mid1900's I got a strong signal at the corner of an old shed about 6 inches deep I got a mason jar lid when I pulled it out it had part of the jar still attached. I ran my machine over the hole and still got a strong signal. Knowing I had a jar of coins I carefully enlarged the hole and pulled out my prize, a jar full small electrical fittings. What the heck?

OP
OP
Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vayank54 said:
I almost forgot about this one. I was digging an old house site that dated from the early 1800's to mid1900's I got a strong signal at the corner of an old shed about 6 inches deep I got a mason jar lid when I pulled it out it had part of the jar still attached. I ran my machine over the hole and still got a strong signal. Knowing I had a jar of coins I carefully enlarged the hole and pulled out my prize, a jar full small electrical fittings. What the heck?
LOL...what a disappointment........it is amazing what you find sometimes.:)

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
mcmich said:
I found a head. It was one that hair cutting schools use to train beauticians. It was on top of the ground (thank god). Would hate to have dug on that. Gotta tell you those things look awfully real from 15 feet. It was in the woods/feild about 30 feet from a dirt road. Figure someone flunked out and decided to toss it...sure had the heart pumping.
I found a head once too, at the beach. Except it belonged to a Goat. Still had a tag in it's ear. I have photos for those who are interested. :o ;D

Last year on a trip overseas I was snorkeling in water that did not have very good visibility. I saw a rope swaying with the waves and decided to follow it thinking there might be an anchor at the end. With my hands on the rope I pulled myself along and I saw something white at the end. As the large object came into focus I realized it was a dead cow. The disgusting part was that I had touched the head before I realized what it was. I scraped my hand for an hour in the sand. I'll never do that again.....
As for condoms, I've dug up several at the beach, still sealed in the package. Somebody didn't get any loving that night. :laughing9: :laughing7:

OP
OP
Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Capt. JP said:
diggummup said:
mcmich said:

Last year on a trip overseas I was snorkeling in water that did not have very good visibility. I saw a rope swaying with the waves and decided to follow it thinking there might be an anchor at the end. With my hands on the rope I pulled myself along and I saw something white at the end. As the large object came into focus I realized it was a dead cow. The disgusting part was that I had touched the head before I realized what it was. I scraped my hand for an hour in the sand. I'll never do that again.....
As for condoms, I've dug up several at the beach, still sealed in the package. Somebody didn't get any loving that night. :laughing9: :laughing7:
wow, that is defiantly a strange find..yuck .........:) thanks for sharing and hh

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Man you guys find some weird stuff sure hope I find something weird as well as good stuff so I have good stories like this. Of course no dead bodies of either human or animal thank you

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the dead cat from hell and a woman's head that I posted elsewhere to the same question not long ago. Monty

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt. JP said:
diggummup said:
mcmich said:

I think that tops Tanks deceased woman in the park...just how many dead cows in the ocean attached to a rope is one likely to find.

Ken/CO

Sep 27, 2003
Colorado
I found what looks like a 1-1/2" x 1" piece of iron, thinking it was a magnet, I hung it from a thread to see if it would align with the earth's magnetic field.
It started spinning fast and kept spinning for a few hours until the thread broke.
I found it a canyon here in Colorado where there have been strange sightings.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Ken/CO said:
I found what looks like a 1-1/2" x 1" piece of iron, thinking it was a magnet, I hung it from a thread to see if it would align with the earth's magnetic field.
It started spinning fast and kept spinning for a few hours until the thread broke.
I found it a canyon here in Colorado where there have been strange sightings.

What part of Colorado? I am north of Denver and east of Loveland

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
Capt. JP said:
diggummup said:
mcmich said:

I think that tops Tanks deceased woman in the park...just how many dead cows in the ocean attached to a rope is one likely to find.

I agree that tops mine an I'm more than happy to pass that crown along lol I think your right txkickergirl thats a tad freaky there :dontknow:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i was getting a good dime signal at 8 inches with the old fx 300 got to it no dime kept digging got

out the garrett propointer dig and probe dig anc probe got down 2 feet found a old granite ware

sauce pan and in it was a old carbon core from a old crank phone battery checked the dirt as i was

filling it in found a 55 rosie 3 wheaties and a 42 silver quarterand thr rail road padlock key i wear

around my kneck on a 6 ounce 925 silver chain that my wife bought me for christmas last year

M

michigan michael

Tank69 said:
ok how about a g-string in a tot lot .....it had a little $ charm on it thats what set the detector off.
I have found one of those also. I know we are suppose to pick up all trash we find...... That stayed right there. :laughing9: # 1 thats just straight up nasty and #2 try explaining to the wife you FOUND a pair of panties in the park. I dont want that conversation. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread