SAD!!!!!!!!!!! OH SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yeah! It's about time! You guys have run around recklesslessly for WAY too long now >:(

SC_Fisher

Greenie
Nov 30, 2009
You know, being relatively new to this Forum and an Endowment NRA Life Member, I had no idea metal detecting enthusiasts were facing the same negative stereotyping as responsible, law abiding firearms owners.

So, when I'm detecting AND wearing a sidearm on my digger pouch belt, I should really be making the "anti's" thrilled...that right?

Regards,

SC_Fisher

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a life member of the NRA I understand how low educated people can believe in half truths by the "silly people." Just like the slobs that shoot stop signs give hunters a bad name, the hole diggers and trespassers give us a bad name. All we wanna do is look for coins in the grass.

DOGMAN ( U.K )

Oct 26, 2009
Devon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
It's now down to your U.S versions of our U.K NCMD and FID detecting federations to follow up on this taking positive action.

teddy

Nov 7, 2009
Any time there's a good thing some will abuse it.

I for one am very thankful for you guys digging that loot over there. :thumbsup:

If you didn't dig these goodies many museums and buyers like me wouldn't have such a great collection.

teddy

DOGMAN ( U.K )

Oct 26, 2009
Devon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
The problem for us is that we have so much history, that nighthawking is a problem. This will see us becoming strictly regulated (like Germany) for example. There are plenty of places to detect legally that will produce great finds, but nighthawkers are lazy and can't be bothered knocking on doors. Furthermore, they go on ancient monument / scheduled sites for rich pickings then sell them for large sums of money. Quite a lucrative business for them.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
odd-fellow....
hmm.... I like it.

:icon_thumright:

The Independent Order of Odd Fellows was founded on the North American Continent in Baltimore, Maryland, on April 26, 1819 when Thomas Wildey and four members of the Order from England instituted Washington Lodge No. 1. This lodge received its charter from Manchester Unity of Odd Fellows in England.

http://www.ioof.org/

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rando said:
Oh, I'm familiar with them.
I'm honored to be called that, actually..
In fact I got to detect a IOOF lot and grass area in MI, It hadn't been used since the 1940s..
Didn't find anything..

You didn't find anything?........that's odd. :tongue3:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use to have an IOOF hall in Tulsa, but now it is just an empty building. Don't know what happened to them? Monty

B

BIG61AL

There is a super huge gap between a metal detectioner and looter. Unfortunately many looters use metal detectors and give all us honest people just out trying to have a little enjoyment from finding a few nice lost objects and coins a really bad name. While we are just returning lost money to the economy they are robbing the world of it's heritage for a profit. Looters are right down there with the rest of the scum of society.

Attachments

• tomb looted.jpg
    tomb looted.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 453
  • tomb looted.jpg
    tomb looted.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 450

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
aladdin said:
TV channel National Geo (it is on right now) talking bout men with metal detectors / robbing the woods of europe and how much damage they do !!! What about What they find and the good that has come from the finds !!!!
I agree My friend but, you have to admit, some of them have given the decent ones a bad name by sneaking on private property looting and making messes. Some folks just have no conscious or any sense of ethical respect. Thou shalt not be a rug rat

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The difference between looters and us is that they are illegal and clandestine. We are not. Or at least everyone I know who enjoys our "sport" isn't. If you sneak on private property or even forbidden public property then you are of the looter ilk. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread