New to Metal Detecting

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
Hello everyone,

I usually spend most of my time on the Coin-focused threads, but I've been interested in buying a detector for a while, but not sure what to get. I live in the desert, so there isn't a good chance that it would be exposed to water, so I dont believe I would need one capable of that. What I'd be looking for would be coins and other smaller bits, like buttons and such, and if possible, raw metal. Its very sandy where I live, and I dont know if that would be a problem or not. Im not sure how much money Im going to be able to invest in this, but it would be nice if they were around $300.

And one other thing, I was at a Tuesday morning yesterday, and they had a kinda cheap lookin detector, from the brand Treasure Cove. I opened it, and the detector looked nice, and I bought one of their cheap little kid detector many years ago at a garage sale. Im including a link to the detector I found, the Tuesday Morning had it for $99.95. Im not sure if it would be worth buying or not, so Im asking all of you for your opinion.

http://treasure-cove.com/products/TC-1023/

Thank You for your help,

Alex.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
alexfm123

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
I found another interesting looking detector. It is a white's coinmaster, 2 D/B Series 2. Are these any good? The guy has it aat $49.95 plus $15.61 shipping. The weird thing, at least I thought, was that it is configured to run on a 9V battery. Did they come like that? I also found an Ace 250 for $126, plus $14 shipping, but the auction doesnt end for another couple days. Any opinions on that Coinmaster? Its in a very good spot on my price band. Im looking to spend no more that $200.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And one other thing, I was at a Tuesday morning yesterday, and they had a kinda cheap lookin detector, from the brand Treasure Cove. I opened it, and the detector looked nice, and I bought one of their cheap little kid detector many years ago at a garage sale. Im including a link to the detector I found, the Tuesday Morning had it for $99.95. Im not sure if it would be worth buying or not, so Im asking all of you for your opinion.

You get what you pay for! :dontknow:

If 200 is all you can afford then, BUY A TESORO COMPADRE
AMERICAN MADE, LIFETIME WARRANTY. We use them to teach the kids here at the camp and I'll stand by it. As a matter of fact I use it myself when the Etrac ticks me off. I have paid for that little machine twice over on what I have dug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread