Mother Lode gold

yttrabbit

Dec 10, 2009
Oakdale, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, FisherGold Bug 2, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Garrett Pro Pin Pointer,
New to this site. Hello everyone. I’ve been metal detecting for some 20+ years off and on. Decided to get my son involved and went with him to the foothills in CA this last Thursday before the rain hit. We tried an old mine site and hit the tailings. The morning was the usual stuff square nails, an axe head and lots of lead bullets. Working one pile I did find a nugget just over 2 grams of crystalline gold with a small piece of quarts attached. Thought I’d share and say it’s great reading about everyone’s finds and how positive and cool most people are on this site.

Attachments

• ML Gokd.JPG
    ML Gokd.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 822
Upvote 0

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Good onya rabbit, Go back, low and slow and you will find some more. It might be worth your while to flatten that heap and check it over. A little trick I use doing heaps like that is turn up your threshold and make it really hum. Really makes those little nuggets stand out.

The Cat

OP
OP
yttrabbit

yttrabbit

Dec 10, 2009
Oakdale, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, FisherGold Bug 2, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Garrett Pro Pin Pointer,
I had just bought a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger and was learning to use the settings. I wasn't getting the settings right because the ground was so hot and kept giving me solid tones. I gave up after an hour, I grabbed my old gold bug and got the hit in about 20 minutes. I've used the gold bug for years and got the Bounty Hunter on a close out sale. Heading back there to play with the BH some more next week to see if I can do better.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work the tailing real good. My friend has found lots of nuggets working those....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread