Stop the cave in

porchdawg

Nov 7, 2005
Warner Robins, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTA 1350
Stop the cave in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evening everyone. I have a quick question. What is the bes way to keep pea gravel from falling back into your dug hole. I was at a school playground on Saturday, pea gravel covered the area where all the swings, monkey bars and other equipment was located. Each time I got a hit which seemed pretty often I would dig a wide hole but the gravel would continually fall back in. What is the best way to prevent this? The gravel is at least 6 inches deep.

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: Stop the cave in

I have used a metal rake to cut a swath down to the point where I can dig easily. Good thing about pea gravel is it moves easily, as you noticed! It takes no time at all with an 18 inch wide rake to cut a swath maybe 2 feet long and 6 inches deep. Pretty quick to shove it all back in when you're done, too.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

zeke sand scoop? ???

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004

same problem here only bigger.....how to dig 3 1/2 feet down into the side of a gravel bank without digging the million pounds of gravel that keep falling into hole from bank ??? gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread