run!----metal detectorist attack!!!...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvestor said:
My favorite is the guy in the black shirt and black pants From the beginning til 1:04.
Looks like he's at a Driving Range trying to get through a bucket of balls in record time. ::)
LOL Funny ... but at the same time I say "I sure hope I don't do that?" :o

Seeded hunts are not like regular hunting, you have to move very fast and cover as much area as possible as quick as possible, targets are not buried deep, most seeded hunts have tokens worth prizes. Object is to get as many tokes as possible in as little time as possible. I have been on many seeded beach hunts with thousands of dollars in prizes and the secret is speed.....Seeded hunts are also a blast, especially when there are 6 or 7 of them over a 3 day weekendand over $16,000 in cash prizes, and another $10,000 in prizes like detectors, water scoops, silver bars, silver rounds, and gold coins....... :icon_thumright:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's obviously a seeded club hunt. They hold a couple a year near my home and I always go just to meet new people and visit old friends I haven't seen in a while. They usually have some prize tokens buried and there are some really good prizes given away. Usually some gold coins and a few detectors, silver dollars or silver rounds are common. There are also many donated prizes of various value. It is fun and speed is the key to being a winner. The money goes to support the club holding the hunt, a very worthy cause in my book. I enjoy watching the various style of hunting adopted by the hunters. One lady in particular I always see swings wide and fast and you better not get in the way! There is usually events for the kiddies too, something for the whole family. I wouldn't go to one being held just for profit. It would take all the fun out of it. Monty

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been to a seeded hunt in a lot of years. Good social time with club members and visitors...not to mention the prizes...the picnic...and a couple unseeded finds...one I remember was a mashed up 3 cent piece.

If you belong to a club, then you might sit in a monthly meeting...just to shoot the breeze...have a beer....display your finds...brag a bit...trade hints. So why not have a meeting outdoors and let others check out your style and win some prizes?

And if you really watch that lady in purple...check out how many times her hands drop into her pouch....she was finding stuff. Not bad for the last leg of the hunt...especially with...21,160 targets planted for the hunt as described on their website.

"Another BEAUTIFUL QUARTZSITE JANUARY DAY greeted 226 eager hunters for this year's Super Hunt. Your club really went all out and buried over 17,000 coins, making this the largest hunt we have hosted! The prize tokens were for 5 large gold nuggets, 25 smaller nuggets, 55 one oz. silver rounds, 25 silver collectable dollars, three new detectors, and almost 100 other prizes donated by members and area business. The event was enhanced by the larger hunt field making for a great time, and with all the targets, everyone was picking targets for the whole hour! Be sure to plan for the 2010 Super Hunt on Saturday, January 16, 2010. Thanks to all the members that planned and worked the hunt hiding the thousands of coins! "

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread