Minelab vs. Tesoro (not a loaded question!)

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I just acquired a Minelab Explorer II in pristine condition. The understanding I had with my wife was that I would sell it. I've never owned a Minelab and it is looking very tempting. Currently I own a Tesoro Tejon and was wondering how this Explorer II compares to it. Am I about to sell a better detector? I realize there are always pros and cons, but I just wanted to see if anyone out there could give an opinion from their personal experience with it. All comments are appreciated and keep an eye out as i will probably try to sell it here if it comes to it. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Philvis said:
I took it out for a spin last weekend in the backyard for about 15 minutes. I liked it, but definitely can tell its a machine that will take me awhile to learn. It's taken me an hour here and there over a year or so to get proficient with the Tejon, so I just don't see myself honestly being able to devote the time I need to this one. It's ashame as it is in pristine condition, but at this point in time, I just don't have the time to learn it and the money could come in handy as the house always is needing a repair of some sort. I've put it up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Thanks for everyone's input as I really appreciated it.

It makes sense, you always like what you're used to. I did the same thing, just the other way around and it was the Tejon that only got used for a hunt before I got rid of it. I'd bet that if you put in the time on the EX you'd choose it over the Tejon, but learning another detector well takes a lot of time so it's easy to understand sticking with Tesoro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions