whites 6x10 dd coil

firefighter254

Sep 21, 2008
hello all i have a whites 6x10 dd coil all was well until the other day i use whites m6 and the coil just started going crazy it makes a loud sound all the time but if i turn my sen way down then it stops i have always ran the coil at 90% on the sen with no problem at all is this a sign of a bad coil iv try'ed other coils and can run the sen at 90% with no problems thanks for your time

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might not be the coil at all. Have you taken it out away from your home and tried it. Are all the batteries installed correctly? Does it make noise if you wiggle the cable? Are all the pins in the plug OK? Have you changed to another coil to see if detector is not the problem? Have you cleaned the dirt out of the coil cover?

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Sandman - try all his suggestions and if that doesn't work it's probably time to call Whites.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread