A-Z-A-s Detectorist Tale,,,,,

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, it's been no secret, that I have been looking for a new Gold prospecting machine. Looked at used whites, garrets, etc. The wife says 'get something new',,,, Boy my hearing just got, a lot better! 'I know you, you won't be happy with an old one',,,,Oh ya. :hello2:
So I cruse all the sites,, and wow a new Gold bug has come out, and what is this manual or auto ground balancing. I remember this professional detector dude saying "if ya buy a manual ground machine, that is what you will be doing, setting the ground balance a lot,,, maybe even in ten steps, cause the ground is different at top of the ridge than at the bottom of the wash."
So I can have both, oooh ya,,,,.
So I boot-up the computer check out the Big site, "K" of all stores on line. In Dec.,,,Order now, their going to go like hot cakes! Coming Out soon,,, Cable's has them now!.... But the big "K" is offering all this cool stuff as extra's,,, Same price,,,,,oh- ya. OK what do I have to sell, and make some money, Hard sell all the my cool stuff to the shoppers at the swap meet,,, bring me all your money,,, Hey buddy do you need help loading that???. For a couple of months. Oh yeah money in hand dialing fast,, Hello I want to order a Fish,,,, well we don't have them in. But go head and send in your money, we got 20 ordered, and fifteen are sold already! Look in the biggo special section and see if you can get a second machine for almost Free,,,,oh- ya,,,,,,
"Hey honey, there is going to be a gold show in Phoenix the 13th and 14th maybe you can go and check one out." OOOh-ya,, I think i am falling in love with you all over again, sweetheart. Ok left at 6:00 am, i can make it there by 10:00am opening time get me a free bottle of gold. What a great Valentiens day. Cool made it there at 9:41 Hey look at all the other early birds,,got my bottle of gold!
Wow the first booth is raffle tickets , and on the shelf is a new gold bug in the box, hey buddy give me some of those tickets. Oh,,,yah hey look over there a fisher dealer,, hey let me see one of those new bugs,,,,What you don't have one? "Naaa but the Company rep is here and they have one on display.Two isles over." Cool,,, Wow lots of people crowded around, I'll just shop some and come back.. Oh look some new classifiers, give me a sack, will ya all these pamphlets are getting sticky and wet from sweat from my hands.
Ok back over to the booth. I meet Mike Scott, Director of hobby sales,,,,FirstTexasProducts. Oh sure go ahead and heft it, swing it,, doesn't that feel good?. Sure, I'll show you a air test,,Wow that is a tiny piece of gold, you got me sold i will take one. But we are just reps, and they won't be out untill April and maybe not untill june. (with a big smile)But you don't under stand i got cash! Sorry charlie,,, Might go talk to Les Berg of JOBE wholesaling, maybe he can set you up.,,, Hey Les I am looking for a new gold bug,,, Well go over there a talk to brands xyz store or over there is zhb, they also are taking orders. Well Crap. Looks Like it is time for a beer. I will calm down and talk later,,,

So Les what is the Deal on the Gold bug? Well,, Oh ya this here is David Johson,,,,Wow David Johnson the Chief Designer, Fisher Research Labs,,, Nice to shake your hand.

This is what I heard..
Well it seems that when Cable's found out that Fisher was comning out with a new machine they placed an order, when other reps. and suppliers got ahold of the new machine they started testing them. The Air test is great but in the real world testing they cound not hold the ground balance. Two out of three couldn't hold the ground balance. So they called "C's" and said we need some futher work on these units, but "C's" said ship them or we will Lawyer you to Death. So it looks like "C's" is selling a protype machine. I bet when they start getting them back from the consumer You will be able to get a "referbed"one a lot cheaper!
Now, I was a Electronic Meter Tech. with the power company, so I have a grasp on some machine workings but what David said was over my head.But what I left with was that when they tweek the ten turn pot, ungain the gain auto,and re-phase the Fly thumb settings, you will be able to purchase a new Gold Bug. Maybe in April but maybe in June. So go head and send in your money,,,,, Oh-yah,,

Epliloog;

After the detecting seminar that Les Berg and David Johnson put on, I came home with a Brand new Tesoro Lobo Super Track! Thanks to Ryan, A&B Prospecting Supply. He thur in a coil cover, case, plastic scoop, headphones and a digging pick,and an offer to go on a field trip! To be fair I should mention I got a new Fisher Labs hat. a 14.95 dollar value. For free! :headbang:

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very funny story. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

But you still got the better deal with the Tesoro as it is a super gold detector. You might not hear much about them because the sucessful hunters aren't talking.

Good Luck,
Sandman

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
How are those Tesoro Lobos on hot rocks? Do they drive you nuts like other gold detectors?

OP
OP
Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
barber said:
How are those Tesoro Lobos on hot rocks? Do they drive you nuts like other gold detectors?
I Don't know, i just got it. but will keep ya informed. You might ask the same question over in the Brands threads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread