DFX or XLT?

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
:?: I am considering the purchase of a White's XLT or DFX dtector. I will use it primarily for coin hunting with occasional use at the beach, relic hunting, possibly civil war hunting and cache hunting. I want depth for the older and deeper coins. I have heard nothing but good comments about the White's machines. So, for those of you who have used them, I would like your input on their capabilities, performance, and results. I'll weigh your advice and make my decision. Thanx! Seajay. :D

Upvote 0

dodgers11

Jun 4, 2003
Tennessee
I have an XLT and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread! I was once in the same position that you are in and I decided to go with the XLT. The DFX does have a few more bells and whistles and seems to perform slightly better than the XLT but I really couldn't justify the extra $200+ for it. It didn't seem that there was a very big significance between the two. I was able to field test both on 4 different targets. a quarter, dime, penny and nickel that was planted at 6". They both had the exact reading and depth so I saved the $200 and bought a few extras like a pinpointer, case, digging tools etc. etc. Just my 2 wheat cents worth. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
S

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
dodgers11,

Thanx! for the scoop. By the way, did you ever hunt the saltwater beaches with it?

Seajay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread