Can anyone recomend a detector for small kids??

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Joe,

? ? ?The only dectector that I can recommend is the Tesoro Compadre. It does have several height adjustment positions. I use it and I like the idea of the one knob simplicity. The only drawback that I can say about it is that it does not have interchangable coils. I'm sure the other manufactures have comparable machines, but I only have experience with Tesoro. From what I have heard of Tesoro tech support/repair, you can't beat them. (I've never needed to send in for repair). In fact, I used it almost exclusively for the week of vacation (in DE) at the beach and was quite happy with it. The reason I went with the Compadre was it was good entry level detector that was reasonably price and did not look cheaply built (like some can). Hope it helps. If you want to look at them further, the website is: www.tesoro.com. Again, not bashing any other brands. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Ron(PA)

B

BIG BAD JOHN

Joe: I use my "junky" RadioShack 3300 to find coins and other valuables. As far as the manhole covers...I just eyeball 'em. Hope your XLT finds 'em OK. BBJ

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh?Hello they're kids,ages 5 and ?,I guess "you" couldn't stand it if "they" had one of those "junky" Radioshack models.As for me,i'll stick with my "junky" models for the kids at least.They don't seem to mind,we found 3 manhole covers last week,it's the start of a nice collection! ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions