Digging Tool

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
The Lesche hand diggers now come with serrations (sp?) on either side. I have seen them offered for right handers and lefties, although I realized this too late as I had already ordered mine. Just do a search and browse through some dealer pages....some are carrying both and some aren't...

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
What are you looking to spend. I got mine at Lowes for about $16.00 but i am cheap.lol

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky said:
Reply from George Lesche Jr:

My father developed the digging tool in the 1990s. We get asked that question sometimes. The teeth on the tool are a matter of preference...99.999% of the customers over the years prefer the teeth on the right side. (Two inquiries into the teeth being on the left side in the past 5 years) or somewhere around there) Teeth on the right side make it easier to cut the roots away from you, plus having the teeth on the opposing side makes it easier to cut plugs in the ground.

Nope, not a odd question...it comes up...anyways thanks for your question and comments...

Thanks,
George Jr.

Has anyone suggested that they put serrations on BOTH sides??? lol
It'd be nice if they were smaller serrations too... or maybe larger on one side, and smaller on the other.
I can find a million and one reasons to complicate a tool. Heh :tongue3:

Bran <><

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
With the Lesche tool I can put my foot on either side of the blade or hit it with a hammer.
(The tool, not my foot).
Can you pound on the Ames tools with a hammer?
In ground that hard though I usually use a pickaxe or wait for rain.

Grey

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
How about a home made shovel, check this out! It has a titanium blade with a carbon fiber shaft. Thirty nine inches total length, weighs in just a little under two lbs!

Attachments

• Shovel on wall.JPG
    Shovel on wall.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 1,386
  • Shovel Blade one.JPG
    Shovel Blade one.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 1,121

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
titanium? wow....talk about a bulletproof shovel....lol....did you fabricate that yourself?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• A1.JPG
    A1.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 317
  • A2.JPG
    A2.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 327

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Godusnum thanks for fixing my mistake! I can never figure out what size I need to have to post it correctly. I made this about six months ago and so far it has held up wonderfully. I hope it will last a lifetime.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DetectoDude said:
Godusnum thanks for fixing my mistake! I can never figure out what size I need to have to post it correctly. I made this about six months ago and so far it has held up wonderfully. I hope it will last a lifetime.

:thumbsup:

Bran <><

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
Shovels are good,

But this is the best hand digger for Tabdog,

You can't break it and it never needs sharpening.

It is an improvement on the screw driver,

2-5-6-4.jpg

I made mine out of a 15" long Craftsman 1/2" drive
breaker bar.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread