Crazy idea but it could work,, mining dirt..

F

FredMaxwell

How come you could not find where a town is buried and excavate it all to hell way down with big fine machinery and then salt sift the dirt for metal and things

Well salt sifting is my made up terminology (Fred Talk) but what I mean is you could shake it down through a screen with 1/2" holes a steel screen and then get over it with a metal detector and light sensor to find the diamonds and gold

See
I guess it is a bad idea since it would be costly
But to hell with it when I am wealthy again I will do it anyway for fun

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are definitely full of ideas Fred ::) ;)

Pompei was buried and they excavated it, but it took decades...I think they still have more to go. Where else have you heard of buried towns?

Some people do use sifters in hot spots...lots of work, but you get everything.

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
F

FredMaxwell

I thought buried towns were common,, sorry about that

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm...no need to apologize. I guess towns could be buried by floods, sand dunes, mud slides, etc., but I think they would be destroyed at the same time. A lot of towns do just fall apart and get leveled over time and then slowly get covered up, but you can usually still see the foundations. I forgot one...there are towns that have been covered by water...reservoirs and in the Mississippi delta. Time to go diving :)

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
F

FredMaxwell

It would be pretty interesting to take and detect a field,
remove the top 5" of dirt and detect it again
And so on

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Guntersville lake in North Alabama is man made and was flooded in the '40's and covered up a lot of fam houses barns and farm land.......... but from what i understand there is no underwater detecting in Alabama

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread