My first real find

Treasure $ Trekkies

Mar 28, 2010
Miami Fla
Detector(s) used
whites, 2011 cion master, Whites MXT 300
I lived in Meadowlawn Park in St Petersburg FL in 1968. My dad was stationed at MacDill AFB and had built our first metal detector from a kit he had purchased from Radio shack . I was hunting around a small lake in our neighborhood that we would go fishing at and catch bass. Wasn’t finding much of anything but of a bunch of trash. A lady that lived across the street came out and ask me what I was doing? Is that was one of those things that finds stuff in the ground? I replayed yes, it could find objects that is metal about few inch in the soil. The lady said that’s great, a few years ago I had lost my wedding ring over by that tree but could not find it, would you mind looking for it? I said sure and started swing my detector in the area that she had said, and sure as can be my radio shack buzz out a squeal . I crisscross the area a few times to get a good location and was trying to look like I knew what I was doing? I dug just an inch and they she was the lady’s wedding ring with a big old diamond set in it! The lady shouted out! My ring! my beautiful ring! I handed the ring to the lady and she grasp it tight in her hand, wait right here and she ran across the street to her house. A minute later she came out and walk over to me gave me a coke and a five dollar bill! She said you will never know how much this means too me and thank you. I was eleven years old and look back at this event in my life when people ask ,did you ever find anything that was worth something?

Upvote 0

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Great store it all ways make you feel good when you can fine some one ring and just seeing the look on there face makes your day great job, the next gold will be yours . keep up the good work good luck :headbang: :headbang: :hello2:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You may have set a record for being the youngest to find a diamond ring with a MD (age 11).
Congrats on the finds and kudos for the return to the owner. You'll remember that good deed all your life.
Don.......

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
IMO thats has to be one of the best stories i"ve heard or rather read. I can't imagine what that would've felt like at 11 yrs old. If I had to guess the feeling it would be ten foot tall and bullet proof topped by a swelled head and super proud, but thats just me.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you detect metals since 1068? WOW is the old school.
congratulations on having this beautiful story! :headbang:

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats an awesome story. Stories like that just make you proud to do what you do. Whether or not you re-united someone with a lost item. Good story. Hunt On!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread