Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I was out today and this isn't really a problem I guess, but here is what happened. I ran my metal detector over my steel toe boot on accident. Of course I got a loud pitched noise, but then it went dead silent, instead of the consistent hum it normally has? Is the detector picking up this strong signal, then trying to rebalance itself out while looking for the signal again? Will this throw off any signal I am digging if I accidentally run the detector over my boot and then try to scan a hole? I don't know whats going on. Thought someone on here might though. Thanks guys

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem would be the detector reading the boots the same time as it's reading the ground. Just swinging over something once will not affect a detector as long as it moves away. I can not even have shoes on with metal eyelets with my explorer.

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iron Patch said:
The problem would be the detector reading the boots the same time as it's reading the ground. Just swinging over something once will not affect a detector as long as it moves away. I can not even have shoes on with metal eyelets with my explorer.

Makes sense. Thanks :)

hammong

Aug 29, 2009
usaftrevor87 said:
So I was out today and this isn't really a problem I guess, but here is what happened. I ran my metal detector over my steel toe boot on accident. Of course I got a loud pitched noise, but then it went dead silent, instead of the consistent hum it normally has? Is the detector picking up this strong signal, then trying to rebalance itself out while looking for the signal again? Will this throw off any signal I am digging if I accidentally run the detector over my boot and then try to scan a hole? I don't know whats going on. Thought someone on here might though. Thanks guys

I wear hiking sneakers, that do not have metal eyelets or steel toe just for that reason. When I'm hunting in the field, my V3 will pick up steel toes off my shoes from 15" away if I have the gain turned up and a large coil on it.

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread