Squealing sound in my Whites?

• Thread starter messyhousedesign
  • Start date
M

messyhousedesign

Squealing sound in my White's?

Hello Everyone,
I just received my GM3 today (I'm plan on doing some nugget shooting soon!!! :). It is great!!! Sensitivity is amazing and controls are smooth. But there is one thing that concerns me.... when I twist the Gain or GEB knobs counter-clockwise from any position a deafening squeal is emitted from the speaker or headphones speakers. It only happens for a second then fades to a normal hum. I've never owned such a sensitive or advanced detector before, so is this normal?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: Squealing sound in my White's?

It does the same thing on my GM2 when I'm in pinpoint. Try it in SAT, or else hit the reset when it does the squeal thing.

OP
OP
M

messyhousedesign

Thanks Jeffro!
I tried cranking up my SAT and it seems that it has to be at MAX to quiet down the squeal, but its still present. As for a "reset button", I don't think I have one this machine... that I know of at least.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Well, I'm unfamiliar with the new design, being an analog kinda guy in a digital world.... ;)

But I suspect it has something to do with the P/P vs SAT modes, just like my GM2.

Try the quickstart directions in your manual, and if that doesn't work, read through the whole manual (a good idea anyways) and try fiddling around with it a bit. You'll find a button or a setting that has to be in a certain position to get it to stop.

And if you still can't get it, White's has EXCELLENT customer service, so give them a buzz.

Hope this helps, HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread